Chapter 3: Deli and Belly Flop

Deli's POV:

His eyes widen for a second before the biggest grin crosses his face. "You too?" He laughs. I grin as we meet each other in the middle and he pulls me into for one of his hugs. Jeremiah's hugs are the best. They're never forced and always tight and welcoming.

I gasp and a small laugh escapes my mouth as he picks me up and spins me. Finally he puts me back down on the ground. I grin up at him. He goes to say something when Steven calls out to him again. "Jer, come over here!" "Yeah!" He calls back, rushing over to him.

I trail behind as I notice Conrad exiting the house. Belly stares at him starstruck. I roll my eyes, but grin as I walk over to Jeremiah and Steven. The moms are already on the front porch by the time I reach the boys. Conrad and Belly are talking behind us.

When I reach them Steven gets this mischievous grin on his face. "Hey guys! I mean, I don't know about you, but I think...well I think it's time..." Jeremiah grins and together the two scream the last part excitedly. "For a Deli and Belly Flop!" My eyes widen.

Belly and I exchange a look and with that we take off running. Steven tries to grab Belly, but she manages to get out of his hold. We're almost to the backyard when Conrad latches onto Belly and Jeremiah lifts me off my feet. I squeal as I am suddenly lifted off the ground.

This happens every year. It started as just the Belly Flop since, according to the moms I was too small, but when we were eight, Jeremiah picked me up and threw me in at the same time Conrad and Steven threw Belly in. Still a Belly Flop, but add a person.

They haul us into the back yard, Jeremiah adjusting his grip on me so that he doesn't drop me until we get to the pool. "On three." Steven says. "One. Two. Three!" The boys toss us straight into the pool. The shock of the cool water hits me as I am submerged.

I am so glad I talked Taylor out of making me wear makeup today since I knew this would happen. Belly and I kick our way to the surface where the boys are all laughing. "Hows the water?" Jeremiah teases.

Belly and I exchange a look and instantly we both have pained looks on our faces. "Guys, I hurt my ankle." Belly tells them. "Yeah, I think mines twisted." I let out a fake groan. "Come on." Belly says, gesturing for one of them to help her out. I do the same.

Both Conrad and Jeremiah reach down to help us out. Once my hand is in Jeremiah's I use my leverage and pull him straight into the pool. I hear another splash so I know Belly was able to pull Conrad in. Both Belly and I join a laughing Steven as the two surface.

"Deli seriously? We're doing that now?" Jeremiah asks as I hear Conrad say something similar to Belly. I I just laugh harder as I move as fast as I can in the water away from him. It doesn't take long for him to catch up.

He wraps his arms around my waist before jumping backwards, taking us both down. We both surface laughing. All of us soon are out of the pool. I follow Belly into the kitchen where the moms are, not even bothering to towel off.

We both grin at Susannah as we take a seat at the island. "Hi." We say in unison. "You two are dripping water all over the place." Laurel all but groans. "Laur." Susannah calls out. She then proceeds to 'hide' her next sentence as she 'secretly' points to us. "They're gorgeous."

"I know." Laurel whispers back before exiting the room. I roll my eyes, but smile to myself. "You two have always been lovely, but my gosh, look at the two of you." Both Belly and I laugh. "I think I look pretty much the same, but Deli here really blossomed." She says, grinning at me.

Once again, I am blushing. "Whatever Bells, you look amazing." "She's right Belly, you do not look the same at all. And Deli she's right you truly have blossomed. You look so much like your mom." She says in a wistful tone. "You two are growing up. You're both in bloom."

Belly and I smile at her as Laurel re-enters the kitchen with two towels which she wraps around our shoulders. Susannah just says things and they sound so beautiful. Half of what she says is inspiration for my songs and my art. "Laurel, she's you all over." She says, referencing Belly.

"People always say I look like my dad." Belly argues. "No, when your mom and I first met, she looked just like you." Susannah explains. "Except I had no boobs at all." Laurel says, poking slightly at Belly. I chuckle at this. I always thought Belly looked more like Laurel than John.

"Gross mom." Belly groans. "You should call your father and tell him we got in safely." Laurel tells her. "Uh, why don't you tell Steven to do it?" She asks. "Because I'm telling you. He misses you guys when you're gone."

"Yeah, but he'll see us at the end of the summer. No, he'll be here for the forth." Belly looks shocked as she sits up slightly. "Wait, he's coming here?" Belly asks. This is when I stand. I don't want to be apart of this. "I'm gonna go get settled." I whisper to Susannah.

She grins and nods, winking at me as I slip out of the room. I walk down to the car and grab my bag and guitar case before heading back inside and straight to my room here. I smile. I love my room here. It embodies the feel of the house as a whole in one room. It's my happy place.

I'm home.