SEVEN

.your pov

I woke up to aunt shaking me and Steve to wake up. It didn't take long for me to wake up though Steve was one hell of a sleeper. Soon I stood up and told aunt I'd wake him up.

"Yo Steve, wake up."

I started shaking him violently but he just didn't wake up. Don't worry, he is breathing. I kept shaking but he didn't seem to react in any kind of way.

"Wake the fuck up, im gonna get water i sweat to God."

"Five more minutes mom.."

"I- you asked for it."

I looked at aunt for approval and she nodded, I went into the kitchen and grabbed a big glass and filled it up with water. I quickly walked back to the couch.

Aunt was smiling at me while I got ready to throw the water at Steve. I started snickering and almost let the glass fall to the ground.

I threw the water all over Steve and he quickly stood up and somewhat panicked at gave me a 'oh you're so dead' look.

I started laughing very loudly and he came charging  at me so I ran around the house and aunt was laughing too. Steve caught me and dragged me to the kitchen.

He turned on the water and I was trying to get away from him. He gave me an evil look and pushed my head under the water.

"Thats what you get."

I was laughing uncontrollably and so was Steve. After 5 seconds he let me free and I decided to clean up and put on some dry clothes. Soon enough dinner was ready and we all sat down to eat.

It was pretty fun at the dinner table and Steve kept making these stupid dad jokes. He also talked about Robin, one of his friends. She seems amazing.

After dinner I quickly went upstairs and sat in my room. I noticed a box laying in the corner of the room and went up to it.

On the box it said 'stuff your parents left you' left me? I didn't wanna overthink about it so just opened the box and saw some cassette tapes and I also saw a note.

It had all the songs on it from every cassette. I pasted it aside and saw a baby picture of my parents with me. Gosh I was some weird kid.

I was smiling at the pictures when I saw a note that was taped onto the bottom of the box. I carefully picked it off and before unwrapping it I noticed a text.

'Read when you're ready' how was i supposed to know when I was ready? I decided not to read it yet since it seemed kinda sketchy. Though I was super curious what was written inside.

I put it somewhere high in my closet and quickly got into bed. It wasn't very late yet but I was pretty tired and still pretty sad. I really don't feel like going to school tomorrow.

Maybe aunt will allow me to stay home, I could walk the dog, check out Hawkins, buy stuff and ofcourse work on my homework, maybe.

Maybe it was better to stay home for atleast a day. I think I might need it. Ofcourse I am gonna go back quick because I wanna show Jessie that I'm not scared.