chapter one

chapter one, the beginning

"fuck sakes." riley groaned as the light illuminated into her room. she grabbed her phone off the night stand and read the time, 1:47pm.

"shit!" she yelled jumping out of her bed and running to her closet. she grabbed a while flower top with a green floral skirt and doc martens. she put on her necklace and 3 braclets with a bunch of charms on them. she quickly brushed her hair and ran downstairs.

"hey darling, the cameron's are coming over soon to grab some stuff for the hurricane today." nadia, riley's mother said giving her a small smile.

"uh okay." she replied walking to the fridge and grabbing out some strawberries before walking back to her room.

she looked at her floor and groaned at how messy it was, clothes were everywhere, her bed wasn't made, she had books all on her floor and dresser and she had coke cans in her room.

she began grabbing her books off the floor and put them into a neat pile to sort into her book shelf later on. after about 5 minutes and a 2 minute break eating strawberries and going on her phone she had cleaned all the books.

now that the books were off her bed she began to make the bed, picking up all the pillows off the ground and neatly placing them on the comfortable sheet on the bed. she put her silk green quilt onto the bed so it looks good enough. she grabbed her laptop which was on the ground from her ordering clothes until 4am.

she then began to pick up the cans and cups in her room before turning around when she heard the door to her room open. once she had fully turned around and noticed who was at the door she dropped the cans and mug that she was holding, it smashing into pieces.

"damn ry, did you have a party here or something." the tall male said eyeing the room.

"rafe. shit um no, i-" she said stunned that he was here so early, she thought they would've came like 4 or 5 not 2.

"here let me help." he said walking over to riley and bending down to pick up the broken glass and cans she had dropped.

she started at him in shock before crouching down to pick up some more cans.

he finished picking up the cans and put them into the plastic bag that riley had brought into her room to clean.

"um, thank you." riley said standing back up and looking up to rafes tall figure, riley standing at 5'2 and rafe being 6'2.

"do you need any more help?" he asked looking down at riley.

"i should be fine i just need to clean my clothes up." she replied looking around her room.