Cute Customer!

Steve sighed as he leaned against the counter, he just gave Erica free ice cream, again. Usually he'd just roll his eyes as the bratty girl grinned smugly and walked away.

Today was different, nobody remotely attractive had come in while Steve was up front. Robin probably had a lot of pretty and hot customers come in while she wasn't in the back.

Steve looked at his watch, still another half hour until he switched with Robin again. He groans and lets his head fall back.

An adorable, quiet giggle brings him back to the present. He snaps his head over at the front counter, his eyes widened.

That one cute customer—Jonathan, he's heard others say—is standing at the till, waiting to get his order taken.

This angelic boy only comes in once or twice every week or so, and it's almost always on Robin's time.

The third time Jonathan came in, Robin saw right through Steve and called him out on his crush.

~~

"His name is Jonathan by the way." Robin broke the silence as they were closing up.

"Huh? Who?" Steve had confusion written all over his face.

"Jonathan. That boy you so obviously have a crush on? The one that you stare at whenever you see him?" She put the keys in her pocket and stood up.

"You say that like it's some middle school drama." Steve tries to hide his blooming blush as he turns away.

"Whatever gets it through to you that you like him." Robin rolled her eyes.

"How do you know his name anyways?" He turns back to look at his coworker.

"Dustin's friend Will, Jonathan is his brother. Plus, Jonathan comes in sometimes when I'm up and we talk." Robin shrugs.

Steve stares at her in disbelief. "And you didn't think to tell me that he's Will's brother?"

"I thought you knew."

"Well obviously I didn't! I could've been hanging out with him, maybe even dating him if you told me!" Steve sighed.

"Well, now you do know. So, now your wish might come true!" Robin raised her eyebrows at him teasingly, Steve scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Like you're some genie." Steve mumbled.

~~

That memory still makes Steve's eyes roll back of his head in annoyance. And maybe he hadn't known Jonathan's name because he heard others talk to or about him.

He smiles sweetly and walks up to the till, Jonathan as a hint of amusement on his face still.

"Ahoy!" Steve practically yelled, he winced internally as Joanthan, and others in the parlour, flinched a bit. "What can I get for you today?" Steve said in a slightly lower voice.

"Hi! Can I have two scoops of vanilla in a waffle cone, with caramel sauce?" Jonathan looked down at the counter as Steve processed what Jonathan just said.

After a few seconds, Steve came back to reality and quickly put in his order and got a total.

"Your total is five dollars and twenty cents." Jonathan lifted his head from where he was looking at the counter. He fished his wallet out of his pocket and put a five dollar bill, a dime and two nickels on the counter.

Steve slid the money off the counter and into his hand, he put it in the cash register. Steve glanced behind Jonathan, there was no one else in line. He definitely could and would waste a few minutes talking to this beautiful boy while he made his ice cream.

"So..." Jonathan made eye contact with Steve, "you come here often? I've only really seen you like once or twice."

"You remembered how many times I've been here while you're working?" Jonathan smirks slyly as Steve looks down in embarrassment, fumbling with the ice cream scooper.

Jonathan chuckled, "Don't worry, I think it's cute." Steve just had to blush at that. His crush said he thinks he's cute! Well, kind of.

Steve choked on his words, he heard the little window doors open behind him. Robin is now watching their interaction.

Oh yeah, Robin likes to keep score on how Steve's flirting with Jonathan goes. Just like how she likes to keep score on dates he's gotten while at work. So far, Steve's got no dates. Robin likes to think it's because his crush on Jonathan is so obvious.

Steve glanced back at Robin over his shoulder. She smiled at him sweetly, way too sweetly for his liking. Steve internally groaned and rolled his eyes as he looked back at Jonathan, who was talking to his little brother, Will.

So it turned out, Robin was right, Will is Jonathan's brother. Steve is still pissed he didn't find out about it earlier.

Will, the little devil, smirked at him as he looked between him and his brother. God, Steve was going to kill him later. He giggled and ran off to a table that had some of his other friends sitting at it.

Steve finished making the ice cream, he handed it over the glass and to Jonathan. His fingers grazed over Steve's as the cone was passed over.

"One moment, I'll get you a napkin." Jonathan nodded and Steve grabbed a napkin, writing something on it before he gave it to Jonathan.

There was still nobody in line, so Steve decided to talk to Robin. She was probably going to make fun of him.

"What was that?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

"What was what?" Steve pretended to be confused.

Robin rolled her eyes, "What did you write on the napkin, Steve?"

"Oh! That, yeah, it was nothing really. Just my phone number." Steve glanced back at Will's table that now had Jonathan sitting at it.

"WHAT!? You finally did it!" Robin screamed, she got a few looks from that, and tried to hug Steve through the window area.

Steve's cheeks reddened and he looked down. From behind him, there was a burst of laughter.
Both Robin and Steve turned their attention to that particular table.

At that table, sat Will, Mike, Max, and Jonathan. The kids at the table's being either leaned back or hunched over in laughter, and Jonathan's face in his hands.

"Well," Robin started, Steve looked back at her, "I guess he found it." She looked at him and smiled smugly. "And, you've still got twenty minutes and there's two people in line. So, off you go!" She grinned and closed the doors.

Steve sighed and turned around, ready to take the next person's order.

Then, a muffled voice from the back was heard. "Another point to Jonathan by the way!" Steve rolled his eyes.

He forgot, Jonathan made him blush by talking to him. So, another point to Jonathan it is.

WC: 1120