Chapter 2

.

.

.

He hadn't been able to sleep that night. His mind was fuddled with so many questions that he wasn't sure if he was able to close his eyes. On the the way to homeroom, Miles bumped into Mr Hayes while in a sleepy daze.

"Woah, you alright?" Mr Hayes asked.

Miles looked up towards the man and was immediately met with a look of concern. Honestly speaking, if anyone saw him, they would all look at him the same way: worry and curiosity. It made sense. For one, he looked like he had had seen a ghost. Second, he had seen a ghost.

"What time did you sleep last night?" Mr Hayes asked worried.

"I don't know," Miles answered honestly. He really didn't know. If anything, he didn't sleep at all.

"It's just the start of the year, don't get too excited," Mr Hayes joked.

"Yeah, well, I'll try not to," Miles replied, dead inside.

"Seriously, if you have any problems, come see me any time," Mr Hayes said gently.

Miles nodded, thankful, and went through the door after him. There, he went towards Colton who had been watching the ordeal from his seat.

"Hey—woah! What happened to you?" Colton asked. His face wide eyed.

"Nothing," he answered while tiredly getting in his seat. Did he look that bad?

Colton bent over next to him and whispered softly, "Was this because of yesterday? I heard about the sports shed."

Miles looked up with a sluggish look. "You did?"

"Didn't you get stuck? I heard Iggy got you out."

"Iggy?" he repeated.

"Iggy—Igor. He told me you looked a little spooked when you came out. I mean, I could see why."

"You do?" Miles asked with slightly hopeful eyes. Somehow, Miles thought he was talking about the ghost and felt a little relieved. To have someone experience the same thing as him would make it a little less crazy—

"Yeah, it looks like it's about to collapse. One gust from the wind and you would've been flattened," Colton exasperated.

"Oh, yeah," he sighed. Having avid flashbacks of yesterday, he shuddered inwardly and shook his head. "Anyways, let's not talk about it."

Colton frowned and backed away a little. "If you say so, dude." At first it was silent, but then Colton turned back toward him. "Anyways, why were you with Hayes?" he asked, rapidly changing the subject.

"Oh, I just bumped into him in the hallway," he answered.

"If that were any other girl, they would be swooning. Unless you're gay, then you would be swooning regardless," Colton chuckled.

Miles chuckled. "Why?"

"They love teachers who are young and handsome. Probably some fantasy they read about on Wattpad," Colton deduced.

"And we can only dream about those scenarios, so let us have a chance when we see one in real life," Christie interrupted, walking up from behind.

"What would be so good about dating a teacher anyway?" Colton huffed. "If anything, it'd be like you were being assessed for kissing and having sex."

"It's just what we want, alright?" Christie defended. "Rolled-up sleeves and a lesson in chemistry is sexy," she said with a wink.

Colton stammered and looked away.