Apologize// Bakugo x GN!Reader

(Writing this to help with my grieving iykyk)

(Y/n) would brush off many things that people would say to them. Whether it be jokingly or aimed to hurt them purposely. It didn't matter, they would smile and shrug it off as if nothing had even been said in the first place.They wouldn't tell anyone, but they learned at a young age that if they'd speak up about anything they would be punished for it. And today was no exception.

"Tch. Still as useless as before. Just give up already. You know you can't ever be good enough to beat me." Bakugo had just finished beating (Y/n) at a duel, and said what he usually said after every match. But today it set them off. (Y/n) looked up with glossed over eyes, their hair a mess, and their face scuffed and beaten. Then, for the first time anyone in the class had ever seen. A singular year slid down their face, and was followed by many more. "You're such a bully, Katsuki. Why do you have to be so mean?" They said and ran off sobbing.

Bakugo watched in horror as the person who'd taken his shit for years finally broke in front of him. Maybe he shouldn't have gone so hard on you. Maybe he should've taken everything he'd said from years ago and now, back. But he may have been too late. "Not cool man. Not manly at all." Kirishima said and followed the rest of the class who had already began to go back inside.

"Damn it!" Bakugo cursed at himself after everyone had left out sight. He thought for a moment before looking at the dormitory entrance. "I can't believe I'm going to do this..." He mumbled.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Bakugo kept a snarl on his face and treaded down the hallway to (Y/n)'s room. He knocked harshly and waited for a response. None came. "Oi, open the door!" He demanded, though he figured it wouldn't make anything better after he had said it. Sighing he headbutted the door, "Come on, (Y/n)." No response, again.

(Y/n) didn't wanna look at him. Not after how they broke down in front of him. "No! Go away!" They called back at him. Bakugo groaned and turned the doorknob, surprisingly it wasn't locked. He stood in the door way for a moment. (Y/n) was curled up on their bed, hugging a pillow, and had their face shoved into it. Bakugo sighed once more and shut the door behind him before making his way over to their bed and sitting on it.

"I'm sorry, Katsu." (Y/n) mumbled into their pillow. Their nickname for him. He hated it, but he'd let it slide this time. "I'm the one that should be apologizing, damn it. Don't make me feel worse." Bakugo said and glanced at their form. (Y/n) looked up at him, "Katsuki Bakugo, apologizing? And owning up to his mistakes and feelings?" They laughed when his face turned into a glare.

"Don't do that shit." He said and laid down on their bed. (Y/n) turned to lay next to him. "Why can't you be more like this? I liked you better before you got your quirk. You where so innocent back then." They said and stared at him. Bakugo scoffed, "The past is the past damn it." (Y/n) nodded and scooted closer to the male. "So. What now?" Bakugo stared at their ceiling for a few seconds.

"...Do you fucking accept my apology?" (Y/n) laughed, "If course I do you dummy." Bakugo rolled his eyes and sat up, (Y/n) following suit. They though for a moment before asking, "Does this make us friends, Katsu?" His face went through a series of emotions before speaking. "It's a start." (Y/n) cheered and hugged him. "Oi! Hands off!" Bakugo yelled. (Y/n) let him go with a chuckle.

"Glad to have you back, Katsu." (Y/n) said. "You to, (N/n)." Bakugo said in response.

-end-
(Sorry it's short I'm still sad 😭)

//August 3, 2022//