Chapter 28 The Date

I was nervous about how to ask Lucas on a date without letting on to my true feelings for him. I knew he would say yes to a date, but I didn't want him to be cocky about it. I sat there just staring at him for a moment because he looked really handsome this evening. He smelled like he had just stepped out of the shower. Lucas wore a nice blue polo shirt and tight black jeans. Lucas, like he just stepped off a modeling photo shoot. I suddenly felt self-conscience about my outfit but didn't have time to worry about that.

"So, um, I wanted to talk to you about something?" I said nervously, and the smile on his face washed away.

"Is this about Jepson going to the mines with us tomorrow? Cause you said, that was okay. Do you not want to go?" He sounded concerned, but I shook my head at him.

"No, that's not it." Even though, a part of me didn't want to go. "That's fine. I just wanted to, well, um..." I started to stumble out my words and trailed off.

"Oh, okay. What it is then?" He asked, reassuring me with kind eyes and a smile.

"Um, well, Luke, I..." This was much easier in my head than it was to say out loud to him. "You remember when we watched Buffy and hung out?"

His grin widened, and his steel his lit up. "Yeah, of course."

I smiled in return as warm memories of that night came flooding back. "Well, I thought, or I was hoping that maybe we could spend some time together. Again." I finally got the words out. A surprised but pleased look crossed his face, and I could tell he didn't expect me to ask him out.

"Like a date?" He teased me.

Ugh. I rolled my eyes. Why did everyone keep saying that word, 'date.'

"Sure, like a date," I admitted. "I just thought we could hang out tonight," I told him, starting to feel embarrassed about this whole thing. A part of me just wanted to leave and forget about it.

"Really?" Lucas said with a look of confusion. "I thought that you and Jepson were like starting something?" He asked, sounding discouraged.

"Oh, um." I thought about it for a moment because he wasn't entirely wrong. Jep and I could be starting something. However, I can't ignore the butterflies I get when I'm around Lucas. "Well, to be honest, Jep and I did have a kiss, or two, today," I said, a bit sheepish. A flash of sadness crossed his face, but he didn't seem super disappointed about it. I thought it would be best to be straightforward with Lucas to avoid any expectations. I didn't want to lead him on if things didn't work out with us.

"But, I told him that I do, maybe, have feelings for you too and that I wanted to explore those feelings. So, no, we're not together like that. I like you both, but I can't make any guarantees to anyone right now. Is that okay?" I explained the situation best as I could.

"Oh, yeah, sure." A smug look appeared on his face. "So, you do have feelings for me, then?" He smirked arrogantly and stretched out his muscles. Gosh, even his smugness was attractive. I couldn't help but admire his physique. He knew what he was doing.

"That's what you took away from that." I chuckled at his adorable smile. "But yes, I do." I smiled back.

"Good." His cocky facade dropped, replaced by a sweet smile. "So, what do you want to do tonight?" Luke asked sincerely, the flirtatious tone gone. I knew that even though he was attracted to me, Lucas liked me for me and was taking my feelings seriously. I thought about it and didn't actually have an answer.

"Oh, um, I didn't think that far ahead, I guess. What do you recommend doing?" That might have been a loaded question, but luckily he didn't take it that way. I looked at him, anxiously awaiting his response.

"Well, if you want to be alone, we could always hang out in my room again. But if you're not comfortable with that, I know another place we can go. In the woods, not far from the lake." He answered. I didn't know where he was talking, but it got me curious. Although, the thought of being alone in his room again made my mind wander to dangerously sexy places, and I had to bring myself back to reality.

"Yeah, okay, we can go to that place. What time do you want to meet up? Should I change my clothes?" I didn't have many options with that, but I'm sure I could find something in Una's drawer or wear the dress she washed.

"How about, say in an hour, meet at the dock?" He offered. "No need to change. You look good as is." Lucas grinned, which caused me to blush.

"Okay, I'll meet you there in an hour." I stood up slowly and walked back to my friends. I turned my head back to Luke and smiled, trying to be flirty, and I knew he was watching me walk away. I sat down next to Sheila, who had been watching me the whole time.

"So, how'd it go? What'd he say? Are you two going on a date?" She asked the questions so fast that I could barely decipher what she was saying.

"It went well. We're going to meet up in an hour." I realized I had a smile on my face but dropped it when I looked at Jepson. He tried to play it cool, but I could tell he wished the date was with him. "What are you going to do at the docks?" Jep asked, not really sounding interested.

"Oh, um, Luke said he has a secret spot to take me to. Not really sure where." I answered.

"Ooh, how romantic," said Sheila with a playful smile. "Maybe."

"Oh, by the way, we are all meeting at the main house at eight in the morning to head out to Amarog," Jakob told the group. "Jepson and Liv, you are coming with the pack warriors and I. We'll be trailing behind Lucas, Zack, and Damien, in a van for safety. Plus, you don't have clothes that can shift." He explained. I was so excited about my date I almost forgot about heading to the mines tomorrow.

"Oh, okay then," I responded. Since Jepson and I weren't warriors, it made sense that we would need to be protected.

"Yeah, sounds good," Jepson replied, looking at me. Even though it hurt him, I was excited to hang out with Lucas tonight.

Since I didn't need to change my clothes, I stayed in the courtyard after everyone had left. I waited until it was time to meet up with Lucas by the lake. As I made my way to the docks, the sun was setting over the water. From a short distance, I could see the silhouette of Lucas. With the dusk setting behind him, he looked absolutely breathtaking. Sheila was right. It was romantic imagery. Before tonight, I wouldn't have thought of Lucas as a romantic guy. My heart started racing as I approached him from behind, not knowing what to expect from this date but hoping it ended with a kiss.

-------------------------------Author Notes-------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading everyone, I love writing the blooming relationship between Liv and Lucas. The love triangle aspect is fun to play with, but I try to make it close to real life feelings and emotions.

If you like the story be sure to leave a comment and vote for it! Thanks!