The Past.

A long, time ago in 2001.

It was a cloudy, and ominous sunset, as a 7 year old girl had been wandering a bit too far in the Iron Pine forest, and got lost.
Bewildered and afraid, she heard a distant groan. She hesitated to get closer, but, she was a dangerously curious child, so instead, she walked towards the strange noise. She trudged through the bushes, and peeked through a bush. She saw a little troll, about the same age as the blue-haired adventurer, crying curled up on the floor. Hilda took a step forward towards the troll, alerting her there was someone behind her, and she quickly turned around I'm a fright. She noticed Hilda, and bolted up.

"Who are you?!" The troll yelped. "You can talk..?" The troll glanced around. "You can understand me?" Both were extremely confused, and they stood up straight towards eachother. Hilda took one step towards the troll, and nervously introduced herself. "Hello.. uh.. I'm Hilda. I live in the Great Meadow around here, but I'm lost." The troll's eyes lightened. "Hi.. I'm HT. And, I could show you the way back if you'd like? I know my way around." Hilda grinned and nodded without hesitation. "Sure, thanks!" HT walked past Hilda, and gestured her to follow her. "Uhm, when I saw you, why were you crying?" Hilda curiously asked. HT stopped in her tracks and turned her head slightly to the right. "I'm... really small compared to the others, but that's because I'm just young." Hilda glanced over into HT's anxious eyes, and just nodded. They continued until they got to Hilda's home, and Hilda thanked her. "I can't thank you enough. Is there anything I can do to repay you?"
"Just pay me a visit sometime? Anyways, see you soon."

Hilda walked into her humble house, the crackling fireplace lit. Hilda's mum, Johanna, turned around. "You were gone late! I was starting to worry.." Hilda rolled her eyes and turned to her mum. "I know my way around... most of the time. And even if I do get lost, I think there's someone I can turn to."
"Who?" Johanna peculiarly asked. "Just.. the moss on the trees. Only grows on the North side. Then, I follow it." Hilda lied. "Okay, smarty. I think it's time for bed. It's already 9:00."
"Awww, fine." Hilda yawned as she headed upstairs to her dimly lit room, brushed her teeth, and finished her nightly routine. After that, she headed to bed, and fell asleep instantly. She slept well, and in the morning when she got up, she wanted to pay HT a visit in her cave. She skipped breakfast, and headed out in a rush. But, when she got to the side of mountain, and saw HT, she was fast asleep. Hilda stepped in, and woke her up. HT almost punched Hilda with a startle, and sat up. "AH!" HT looked over and saw Hilda. "It's the morning. I should be asleep..."
"Oh, right."
"You can come in. I live by myself."
Hilda stepped into HT's cozy, fire lit cave, and they just chatted all day, and when Hilda had to go, she actually made her way back home by herself. This went on for who knows how long.

About 2 years later, when Hilda was 9, her path to and from her home to HT's was carved into the grass and dirt. They were such good friends, and they adventured together at night occasionally when Hilda snuck out at night. HT's sleep schedule was very strange, and so was Hilda's now. Johanna thought nothing of it. After all, her little girl was an adventurer. But, things twisted once Hilda's house got crushed by the two giant couple, and she moved away. HT followed them down the same country road they went down at night, but there was no use. HT was stopped by all the guards. And that's where we are now.

Up Next: The Present.