The Search.

It's morning, of another snowy day, and Hilda just pushes her mum aside, and skips breakfast as well. "Hilda, what's gotten into you?" Hilda ignores her mum, and sprints out the door, leaving Twig behind. Hilda runs down streets, and outside the city wall. She hesitates, but runs through the forest, and to the base of the mountain. "This is it..." Hilda said to herself. She found HT's old mountain, and assumed she lived there still. She started to walk around the mountain, unaware that the sun has, and always has been covered by ominous clouds the whole day. There was something lurking above the canopy, but she couldn't tell what. She had thought it was just a bird, but then, it came down revealing itself. A Weather Spirit. "And what do you think you're doing here, on my property?" The spirit angrily asked. "This isn't your property! This is the wild. Go ask one of the... trolls."
"And you think I'd understand their language?"
"I'd assume so. I can understand one of them. And you guys are supposed to be intelligent!" The weather spirit the growls, and turns around, legitimately "storming" away. "That's a way to show him..." Hilda says to herself as she doesn't realize that a troll was about to smash her, but turned to stone, since the weather spirit had unblocked the sun. Hilda doesn't even notice, and continues to walk.

| Time skip until about 7:00 PM. It had taken hours to get to her old... home |

Hilda was at her old house, and started to sprint. She teared up... she realize her old home was taken with the giants, embedded into one of them. Crying, she walked back out into the meadow, and saw... HT. Just sitting at Hilda's wreckage. "You know... I never thought you'd come looking for me. I acted like a fool." Hilda started to walk forward, and she sat next to HT. "Your people. They hurt me, tried to blast me with their new, and "high tech" torches. I thought you had become one of them, under your influence, but you decided to take an eight hour walk to get to me. You aren't like them." Hilda just sat there, crying. She put her arm around HT. "It wasn't your fault... I get it. You thought I had become one of those safety patrol guards, but I would never. I care about you and your kind."

HT smiled, stood up, helped Hilda up, and got her back home fast, as she knew a shortcut through the mountain. It took them about 30 minutes to get to the wall. "HT, we need to convince my people that some of you aren't actually bad."
"Yeah, they just don't understand us."
"They'd understand you."
"There is no way I'm going into the city."
"It can work! HT... You are one of the bravest... and only troll I know. I have a plan."
"Like what..?" Hilda takes a deep breath, as this is gonna be a long one. "I'm gonna set up a speech thingy, where I'll convince the safety patrol to set up. I'm gonna get on the platform, talk, and we're gonna stop everyone from hating on your kind. I'll alert a safety patrol guard I can trust, that you'll be coming."

"This better work."

Up Next: Convincing The People of Trolberg.