26.

▶ Falling ~ Trevor Daniel

"Don't move, Jungkook," Tae whispered. He was trembling from head to toe.

Jungkook's mind was racing. He looked at the lanterns and the basket which had the meat sandwiches. He pushed Taehyung away who screamed in terror.

"Run Taehyung!"

The leopard snarled and pounced, claws flailing.

"Jungkook!"

Jungkook landed on his back and blocked the beast with the basket in the nick of time. It snarled dangerously close to his face.

Jungkook pushed it away with all of his strength, narrowly dodging the swipe of claws on his stomach.

The basket rolled away and its contents spilled out, the smell of the ham distracting the leopard.

Taehyung was trembling.

"Jungkook, run!" he screamed, reaching the steps.

But the ravenette didn't listen. He kicked the lantern towards the leopard and the glass broke. The candle rolled out. The mat caught fire.

"Jungkook, what are you doing, get away from there!" Taehyung yelled, beside himself with worry. He looked around frantically, searching for something weapon-like.

The leopard growled, snatching the sandwiches.

It lunged towards Jungkook.

He flinched and fell back, eyes shutting tight.

This is the end.

"Hey beast! Over here!" Taehyung yelled, pelting rocks at the massive feline.

It roared and jumped towards him. He dived behind a boulder, screaming.

Heart thundering but saved by the distraction, Jungkook grabbed a stick and stuck it in the fire.

He ran towards the leopard with the burning log. The leopard snarled and hissed. It swiped with his claws and caught Jungkook's leg.

He yelled in pain and whacked the burning stick on the creature. It yelped and ran back into the darkness.

Jungkook hurriedly threw a waterbottle and doused the fire before it caught the blanket, leaving them in pitch dark.

"Taehyung!" He yelled.

Fear gripped his heart. He couldn't see anything.

"Jungkook!"

Tae ran to him, almost falling over his own feet. Jungkook was so relieved to hear him, he fell to his knees, clutching his racing heart.

Tae kneeled and threw his arms around him. Jungkook hugged him tighter, burying his face in his neck.

Tae is safe, he is okay - was the only thought in Jungkook's mind.

"Fuck, fuck Kookie, are you okay?"

"I'm - I'm fine, we should leave - before it comes back."

His breaths were coming in short spurts and he was shaking. He could have lost Tae. He himself could have been killed. The adrenaline was still coursing in his veins as he hurriedly packed the stuff. The basket was broken, it took all the impact of the leopard's weight.

Tae stuffed the blanket in it leaving the burnt mat there.

They reached their car in half the time they took to come up, silenced and sobered by their terrifying encounter.