61.

▶ Mistletoe ~ Justin Beiber

"TaeBear, you got a tree?!"

Childlike excitement glinted in the big doe eyes. Although they were red rimmed from crying and had dark circles, they still looked adorable as ever to Taehyung.

"Yeah! I want to decorate this with you. I had thought Jimin would like to join but... It didn't quite turn out the way I wanted."

Jungkook flung his arms around Tae's neck, happily spinning around. Taehyung laughed, glad to see his baby bun's mood slightly better than it had been the past two weeks.

"I wanted to cheer you up and celebrate the end of the last exam of your graduate course. What better way than Christmas hm?"

"You're the best I swear! I haven't decorated a tree since high school! Dad doesn't keep one and ever since Mom remarried I haven't been home for Christmas so this is cool! Thank you TaeBear!"

"Silly bunny, I'd do anything for you. Don't you know that by now?"

Jungkook kissed him passionately, in reply, cupping his face. Tae's lips slanted over his, hot and needy as he tasted his tongue and his arms held him tight, making him feel safe and so loved. They kissed slowly, leisurely, enjoying their proximity until they remembered to pull away and breathe.

Jungkook giggled.

"That was nice. You changed my whole mood in five minutes. You have so much power over me it's crazy," he whispered.
"But I wouldn't have it any other way."

"I wouldn't have it any other way either, my star. You make me deliriously happy and I love you."

Jungkook stole a quick kiss.

"Anyway, should we eat dinner first? Or do you want to start right away?"

"Let's eat first."

They set the table and heated the food which Taehyung had ordered before he went to Jimin's. Tae uncorked a red and filled two glasses. They ate silently, cleared the plates and went to the living room.

Tae made himself comfortable on the sofa and Jungkook sat on his lap, legs spread out, one hand running through Tae's hair. He hummed in relief at the sensation.

"I can't help but wonder. Is it wrong of us to try to move on? It's only been twelve days...." Jungkook asked quietly, sipping the wine. He stared into the glass.

Taehyung opened his eyes and looked at his beautiful boyfriend who was pouting a bit. Only Jungkook could be this endearing. Tae kissed the pout away.

"Kookie... there's no timeline for grief. If you want to think of the happy memories and stay positive then it's good. People grieve differently. Just because you want to look ahead doesn't mean it hurts any less."

Jungkook sighed. Tae was right. He still felt like crying at the thought of Yoongi... but doing a harmless activity like decorating a tree, would help him cope with the overwhelming sadness.

"It stung when Chim said we rub our relationship in his face. I'm sorry I yelled at him though, Kook."

"It was a bit much, I must say. It's still too early... I know he's shattered, because he had this too and it's been unfairly taken away from him. Honestly, they were couple goals. I looked at them countless times and always imagined that with you, before we got together."

"Aww, did you really?"

"Of course. Especially on the yacht, when they kissed during the fireworks, I was thinking of us in their place instead. That I wanted to do something like that for you someday."