Chapter 8

After three days of walking the straight path eating various berries and drinking the water from a small creek, Alisa arrived near the caves.

"Finally, the caves. Now, I need to find the X somewhere. I'm betting it's gonna be inside the caves somewhere." I then start walking towards the caves and I feel my magic start to wane.

"I'm getting closer, aren't I spirit?" I say joking knowing it's not gonna listen to me.

Yes, yes you are. If you can get through this Trial, I will recognize you as the rightful user of my magic.

"Not the Queen of Uderhelm? Just the magic user?" I say continuing to walk into the cave. My magic starts fading a bit.

Not yet, that's gonna have to wait for another day.

As soon as I get to the end of the cave, my magic feels like it's been completely drained. I start looking for the X on the walls when I notice a figure sitting in a chair that looks like it's been there for 100 plus years.

"Hello?" I say to the figure, it must be my next trial or something pertaining to it.

Hello Alisa.

I am your Second Trial. You will get no help, and you cannot use your magic if you cannot call upon it yourself without the help of the spirit. Defeat the Corpse in battle. This is your test of Strength and Courage. Defeat the Corpse of the Black Wizard Cretion.