School

It was lunch time and the 2 girls were sitting on the complete opposite sides of the eating area. Mafuyu had been enjoying her time alone at where she was sitting, but was found to be disrupted by a loud roar of laughter. She saw a familiar pink haired girl, her name is Emu Otori. Emu was a year younger than Mafuyu, so they rarely talked to each other. The last time they talked was a few days after the sports festival. Emu mentioned something about how she'll make Mafuyu smile for real, but Mafuyu just brushed it off. It has been a month since that conversation.

Emu had noticed Mafuyu staring at her, so she decided to walk over and strike up a conversation.

"Hi Asahina-senpai!!"

"Oh..hello Otori-san!"

"Hmm..what are you eating?!"

"Oh! Just a variety of things."

"WHAT THINGS?!"

Mafuyu was a bit overwhelmed by how hyper Emu was, but she tried her best to keep her mask on.

"Just a veggie salad with some chopped up fish."

"THAT'S ALL?!" Emu was a bit suprised at Mafuyu's small lunch choice.

"I wish I could show you my lunch Asahina-senpai! But I ate it all!" Emu giggled a bit and made a silly face.

Mafuyu gave a laugh, a fake laugh.

Emu could tell she was faking her happiness in that moment, so she decided that it was time to activate her special plan.

"Asahina-senpai, want to go and hang out sometime after school?!"

Emu was right infront of Mafuyu's face. Mafuyu pushed Emu back a bit and gave the offer a bit of thought. She usually wouldn't want to be hanging out with some first year she didn't know all that well.

"I'm not sure, where would we be going?"

"An aquarium!"

Mafuyu perked up a bit, given she likes aquariums for staring into. She perferred empty ones, but she supposed seeing real fish would be nice too.

"Alright Otori-san, we can hang out some time." She gave Emu a warm, but fake smile.

"WONDERHOY!!!" Emu jumped up and ran off exctidely.

Emu had been watching Mafuyu for weeks, trying to find out the perfect thing. She had listened to a conversation Mafuyu had with Kanade, about her empty aquarium, so Emu thought maybe Mafuyu would like to go see some cute little fishies. She was one step closer to making Mafuyu truly smile.