Confession

Mafuyu had decided that the best way to confess to Emu was to do something a bit cheesy. They recently read a romance book where the confession was under a freshly bloomed sakura tree after school. It wasn't spring right now so that part would be impossible, but Mafuyu still found the idea of a confession in nature to be quite romantic.

It was lunch time currently, and Mafuyu decided to go sit down by Emu again.

"Hello Emu."

"HI MAFUYU-CHAN!!!"

"Would you like to go to the park after school with me?"

"Sure!! Sounds wonderhoy!!"

The 2 girls ate their lunch and went off to their classes.

Emu was excited that she would be able to hang out with Mafuyu again. She thought this could maybe even be a good time to tell Mafuyu how she feels before Mafuyu goes to confess to someone else. She didn't know who Mafuyu could even have a crush on at this point. Emu hoped it would be herself but she was so unsure. Besides the point, if Emu doesn't confess soon she felt she would have such a big burden on her chest the rest of high school, because it would only damage their friendship for Emu to confess to Mafuyu while in a relationship.

Mafuyu on the other hand had everything worked out in a big plan, the perfect way to tell Emu how they felt. 

School finally ended and the 2 girls met by the gate.

"Are you ready to go Emu?"

"OF COURSE!"

They held hands as they walked to the park, although Emu let go and skipped ahead out of pure excitement.

Mafuyu sat down on a bench and Emu followed. The trees were starting to change color as seasons were starting to change into autumn. 

"I brought some snacks, do you want some?"

"OF COURSE!! WONDERHOY!!"

Mafuyu took out some pocky from her school bag and unpackaged it. They took one out and then handed the box to Emu. Emu took 2 of the pocky and put them in her mouth to look like walrus tusks. Mafuyu couldn't help but giggle, she loved how silly Emu always was.

Emu chomped down on the pocky.

"The classic chocolate ones are the best!"

"I agree, they really do taste amazing."

Emu swung her legs while sitting, she hummed some songs to herself and took a few pocky from the box. She was really enjoying this moment with Mafuyu.

"Hey Emu."

"Mhmmm?"

"I uh..need to tell you something a bit important.."

Emu focused her attention to Mafuyu, looking them straight in the eye.

"I have something to tell you too actually!!"

"Oh? Do you want to go first?"

"No!! You should go first you brought it up!"

"Alright.."

Mafuyu took a deep breath, she hoped she was right about Emu having mutual feelings.

"Emu.." Mafuyu took one of Emu's hands in her own.

"I'm in love with you."

Emu's jaw dropped to the floor. She couldn't believe this was happening, she even went as far as taking her free hand to pinch herself. 

"YOU?! YOU DO?! I!!! I LOVE YOU TOO!!"

Emu tackled Mafuyu with a hug, which knocked anything that was on the bench off of it, including she and Mafuyu.

While it hurt a bit to be knocked onto the ground, Mafuyu didn't really care. She just pulled Emu close and held her tight. After a few seconds Emu let go and got up, and helped Mafuyu up too. She then grabbed both of their stuff and handed Mafuyu's stuff over. 

Emu turned to see Saki and Tsukasa. 

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT EMU??"

"YEAH!! ME AND ONII-CHAN SAW YOU AND ASAHINA SENPAI FALL OVER!!"

"WONDERHOY!! I'M MORE THAN OKAY."

"WHAT?!?!? BUT EMU-CHAN YOU JUST FELL!!"

Emu started laughing at how confused Saki and Tsukasa were, so Mafuyu had to interfere.

"We are alright, Emu just got a bit overly excited over something."

"OOHH!! Did you guys confess to each other?!" Saki said jokingly.

"Actually, yes."

"WAIT WHAT?!"

Tsukasa was very shocked, he could not believe it, out of all the people Emu chose the emo one.

"OH MY GOD TSUKASA-KUN!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!"

"NO???"

"I HAVE MORE BITCHES THAN YOUUU!! WAHAHAHAHHA!!"

Tsukasa was very pissed and started fighting with Emu, but in a still nice friendly friend way.

Saki walked over to Mafuyu.

"Sooo are you two like dating now??"

"I'm not sure..I guess maybe?"

"Cool!!"

"Is that guy your older brother?"

"Yeah!! He and Emu-chan are both in Wonderland Showtime!"

"Oh really? That's why the name Tsukasa felt familiar.."

"Yep!! You can just call me Saki since it would be kinda confusing if you called us both by last name."

"Ah alright! I'll keep that in mind."

Tsukasa and Emu had stopped fighting and Emu stood there in glory, probably meaning she won. Tsukasa on the other hand had his phone in his face, he was texting Rui about what just happened.

Mafuyu looked at her phone.

"Ah! I think I need to head off now before my mother wonders where I am." Mafuyu grabbed Emu's hand and started walking away. 

"It was nice meeting you Saki and Tenma-san!!"

"BYE SAKI-CHAN!!! BYE TSUKASA-KUN!!" Emu was caught off guard by how suddenly Mafuyu was leaving.

Tsukasa and Saki waved back and headed the way they're going.

"Hey Emu, would you like to stay over at my house?"

"A SLEEPOVER?!! WONDERHOY!! Let me ask my parents!!"

Emu and Mafuyu took their phones out and texted each of their parents to see if they could have a sleepover, both saying yes. Mafuyu continued to walk to her house, tightly holding Emu's hand.