2.The Clouds before the storm.

As her mom called her down for dinner she stopped reading her book. She had always wondered why she couldn't have the stories written withn the pages the love story between the main character and her side chick of the week.

As she was making her way out of the room she bumped into a hard chest. As she looked up too see Conrad smiling at her. Her face felt like burning. "Uh sorry conny" she whispered to him.

She was afraid he hadn't heard her. but he heard her.Everyone had been super close to Conrad except her. She was different. They only talked when people were they didn't have the bond he did with belly. He was surprised when they both hugged.

He was mad at the world. But when he looked at her. It felt like the world belonged their for him to see the beauty in her eyes. "Mom's calling everyone for dinner" he reminded her. He pushed all of his thought away. He was back to being the stone cold person he was.

"Yea I'll be there" she told him. Making her thoughts away. She had to remind herself he wasn't meant for her. He was meant for her sister belly. They would be endgame. Never her and him.  It was meant to be like that.

She smiled once again. And walked down the stairs and sat on her seat. Where the dinner had been started. "Can this be a phone free place?" Her mother told them. Although it wasn't directed to them it was directed to Steven. "Yes we're just saying that because we wanna see you're pretty faces" Susannah told them. "Steven" Jeremiah said. "STEVEN" he said it even louder then the last time.

One minute Steven was holding his phone. The next minute it was gone from his hand. Making her laugh.

She was the most beautiful girl he had seen. He saw her as she laughed. And start eating. "So when are you going to football camp" Steven asked him his attention was drifted to belly who was already looking at him. "He quit" his brother said. For him. "Oh shoot I would've loved to play college football man" Steven said.

"He can always take his offer back" his mother said. "No I'm not taking my offer back I would've been on the bench all season anyway" he told them all. Everyone looked At him. With surprise how could they not. He had always played football it was his life. They had thought.

"Can I please be excused"bells asked. Looking at her mom. She wasn't feeling right. She wanted to go upstairs and lie down and drown herself in her sadness. "Oh yea" her mother told her. Lural was confused and censored of her daughter.

Everyone was also shocked. That she left early. But she couldn't take it anymore, Her sister would get Conrad at the end she would always have to put her feelings away. Susannah stopped her as she was getting up. She noticed her staring away, she wasn't the same. No one was the same. Her son had been distanced and now bells. She had one shot and so she gave it.

"Bells before you go I have something to give you" she looked back at her. Her heart wanted to cry. But she smiled although she could feel water rasing in her eyes. "You could open this in your room if you liked" she told her a smile on her face. She only nodded without a second thought she went up to her room.

And changed into her swim suit,and went down the stairs although everyone was not done eating yet. Belly had the same letter Susannah handed her. It laid on her bed. Again a little pinch. "Bells where are you going?" Jeremiah asked her still eating his food. Everyone's attention went to her.

Her face flushed of embarrassment. She should've known that they wouldn't be done by yet. "Late night swim,I just wanna swim" she told him. She knew everyone was silently waiting for her answer. Even belly looked confused.

Conrad looked up from his plate that he had already finished. "I'll come" he said not even thinking twice. He needed to know what was going on in her mind. So much was going in her head she wanted to drown herself in the water.

And then the both walked out. Leaving everyone wondering what was going on between the both of them. No one knew but both of them were trying to save each other. But belly was more curious her stomach felt weird seeing them walking out together.

"What's wrong with you" bells asked Conrad while they were both walking side by side. He ignored her. He didn't want to talk about what was wrong with him. Everything was wrong with him. He was stone cold and she was willing to do anything to make him warm again.

She didn't push talk more she took off her towel as he sat on the concrete with his feet in the water. It felt wrong in her heart but in her mind she found peace with being with him. "What's wrong with you" he asked this time.

She jumped in the pool ignoring him. In her mind the words were begging to come out. I'm in love with you. But she drowned his words. She wished she was belly. She wished she was close to him like she was. She wished he saw her like how she saw him.

As she came for air she saw him staring at her. This time smoke came from his mouth. "I wish I was her" she told him. He didn't understand what she meant, so he asked her with a confusion look on his face. "Who" he wanted to know who she would wanna be. Because she was pretty. And different he had always noticed her then her sister.

She didn't try to fit in. She kept herself to her. She was like him. And he hated and loved that about her. Just as she opened her mouth. Steven and Jeremiah came through the doors,big smiles on there faces. "Come on we're gonna be late it's the first bonfire of the summer" Steven told Conrad smacking his shoulders.

But Conrad's attention was on her. He wanted her to come. "Yea let's go" he said while looking at her. She was surprised that he didn't say If they were still gonna go or not together. Her heart hurt more as she watched him go. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. And then letting it go. It was never meant to happen she let her believe that they would go together.

It wasn't long enough she found herself in belly's room getting ready for the bonfire. As belly talked to Taylor and her moment with Conrad her heart hurt. The plan was simple she was gonna hook up with someone that would take her mind of a certain boy.

She wasn't going to fix something that was already broken. But she could try to replace the same thing. That night was not over yet. But the dresses they wore ended short. They looked like good she had too admit. Oh the night was gonna be a brutal one for her.

A/n

Words :1230

Conrad Is just🫦
Alright like and vote
Honestly this chapter has me screaming at her smh. See y'all next chapter🙈