The Worry

TUSHAR

"5.5 LPA and guaranteed hike after one year. Is this enough to ask for the queen's hand from her father?" I smirked showing her my offer letter.

"Congratulations," she hugged me as tight as possible.

"Now show me yours" I rather grabbed her file, my eyes popped out witnessing her offer letter.

"35 LPA? Seriously??" I screamed.

"Shhh... don't shout"

"Ruchi... you bagged 35 LPA and the post of senior software Architect, you are a fresher man" I reasoned out.

"Yeah... but I topped all the rounds and they are too much impressed with my academic and personal record"

That minute I felt defeated, not because she bagged the highest package. The reason is the phobia of Indian Parents that a guy should always be earning more than that of a girl.

Why would he accept someone who will take years to get the same package his daughter grabbed as a fresher? Our happy future looked like a distant dream.

"Don't be upset, why will it matter about who earns more as long as we love one another?"

"But it does to your father, he would want someone earning at least double than his daughter" I feared the consequences.

"We will find a way" her assurance did nothing to me.

We have tried many ways, I enrolled myself into institutes learned courses, and did everything possible, and even after all of that I could only grab 10LPA offer.

Ruchika was there to calm me down every time I got restless, she had been the anchor and we even started investing together to book a plot.

"We will have a small kitchen where you will cook and I will eat"

"Ahaan... so I will have to do all the hard work and you will sit and enjoy?" I arched a brow.

"Noo... I have the hardest thing to do. I have to eat and digest whatever you cook... poor me" she pulled an innocent face.

"You.." I twisted her ear earning laughter.

"A cozy bedroom painted in pastel colours" I winked.

"Someone is getting naughty" she teased.

"Don't I have the right?" I asked caging her in my arms.

"I need to think about that" she played with me.

We laughed together planning how our home should be.

"I don't care about the home, but a big balcony is a must, where we can wrap ourselves in a cozy duvet and have unending talks," she said inhaling my scent.

"I can't stay away from you anymore... I am thinking of telling my parents," I confessed.

"Will they agree?" she asked suspiciously.

"Definitely won't but only informing is my duty. You too should do" I coaxed her.

She fisted my shirt tightly as we know how hard things could be.

"I know it will be tough. We will be hurting our parents, we will be fighting against them, but the fight is important for us. For the happy future we have always dreamt.. for having a baby girl just like you"

"What? Baby girl? No way. I want a son, end of discussion"

"No way we will be having a son, a daughter for sure"

"How can you be soo sure?" she asked back.

"There's a saying on our side, the one who lies more will definitely be a father of a girl and I don't think someone has ever lied more than me" I confessed.

(Time to meet Tripthi!!!)

"So the decision is already made, do I have anything to be a part of or will be left alone?"

"Arey you have the utmost important part to play" I winked playfully getting a hit from her.

"Arey you have a too naughty brain; I meant naming our baby girl" I smiled.

Her eyes squeezed for a bit, her brows furrowed and in a quick second, there was a smile all over her face.

She whispered the name in my ear, and I had this huge smile when she explained to me the reason she choose that name.

We fought like wild cats, yet our love kept pulling us back and the daring girlfriend of mine put me through the adventurous journey of life.