Teenage mind

It was another casual morning like always. The teenage girl woke up to the sunlight beaming through her window, and to the sound of her alarm clock blaring. She grunted as she blindly tapped on her small device, trying to find the shut off button. She eventually did, and slowly got out of bed, not feeling like going to school. She made her way to her dresser, passing a hand in her messy (h/c) hair.

She got ready in a few minutes, and went downstairs to find her parents having breakfast. She joined them and started talking with them for the few minutes she had before she would have to get to school. During this little family time, she wasn't very talkative, somewhat upset she had an exam in history, and one in chemestry next week, on friday. Her parents were well aware of it as well.

'So, (Y/N), are you ready for your test, today?' Her mom asked.

She didn't answer right away, as she slowly processed her words, due to still being tired, and not wanting to hear about it.

'Yes, mom... I'm ready for it...' She slowly answered.

'That doesn't sound very convincing.' Her dad lamely joked.

(Y/N) didn't answer back and only looked at him with no emotions appearent. He understood it meant she wasn't in the mood for his humor, if that's how she could call it. But knowing him, he'd still say things like it, thinking it would make her smile, so she looked up at the clock behind her, and said she needs to leave, although she still had half an hour. She got up from the table, put her jacket on, and sligned her back-pack onto one of her shoulders, before exiting through the front door without looking back once.

She made her way down the streets towards her school, music playing in her headphones. She was calm, now away from her dad's horrible sense of humor, and her mood slowly changed for a more joyful one. She let her mind run free to the sound of the music, and walked to the beat, as she looked around, watching the watery horizon, seeming to almost blend with the bright blue sky. She kept staring, enjoying the view, until a voice called her name, pulling her out of her bubble.

'(Y/N)! You're out early! What's going on?' A girl of her age asked as she went towards her, visibly happy to see her friend.

'Hi, Lindsay! Eh, not a big reason why... Just my dad thinking he's funny, which he is not.' (Y/N) said, almost monotone.

'Ah, that explains it. He surely joked about what we have today, am I right?'

'Never thought you would've guessed!'

The girl with braided black hair chuckled at her friend's reply, glad to see despite her dad irritating her more than anything else, she doesn't run the risk of losing her charming personality.

The two friends made the rest of the way to school together, talking and laughing. (Y/N) ended up forgetting about her moody-teenager attitude of earlier, and focused on the time she would pass in company of people of her age, who could understand her. It was a rather good start to the day, ignoring the fact she was walking right into a history exam.

                                                ~...~...~...~...~...~

'I wanna die!' (Y/N) grunted out loud.

She was exhausted of the test she just did, it was harder than she had initially thought. Some of the questions she had to answer were talking about things she didn't remember studying. She did her best, and tried to answer them correctly, but she was certain she wasn't passing it.

'Don't say that! I'm sure you did great!' Lindsay cheered her as they walked out of the school, as classes were finished. The two girls were heading towards their homes, and (Y/N) was about to say bye to her friend, but dark head didn't want her friend to arrive home, looking like she just heard the worst joke of her life. She offered (Y/N) to go to the game shop nearby to see if there were any new sonic games she could like. Her words put a small smile onto (Y/N)'s face, but she calmly and politely turned the offer down, for it wasn't necessary, and if there was any new games of the blue blur, she'd already have it.

So with nothing else to add, the girls said bye to one another and went in their own separate ways. On her way back, (Y/N) decided to try out another path, one that led through the woods. She knew it would take longer to get home, but she didn't care all that much. She needed time to herself in a quiet place, and the forest was her best bet.

She took her time walking alone through the big trees, the smooth breeze blowing in her face refreshing her from her rather tough day. The setting sun's light gave her surroundings a amber-ish golden effect as leaves of several different colors flew down from the trees around her. She enjoyed it, hearing the dead leaves crunching under each step she took, until her foot brushed onto something more solid. She looked down to find a little dirt pile that seemed to be burying something small. Curious, she started kicking some of the dried mud off. Seeing there was more than she thought, she crouched down and slowly started using her hand to dig out whatever was hiding below. She dug for a few seconds, receiving some sort of flashback of a small squarish flat object falling into darkness, hitting invisible obstacles on the way down. She paused, thinking that flash had something to do with the dirt pile, as it was exactly big enough to fit that small item she saw in. Assembling those two, and noticing how deep it was buried, she questioned if it was really a good idea to dig out whatever was down there. Unlike most of the characters in horror movies, she made the wise decision and got back up, walking away, continuing her path, pretending like she saw nothing. Although, she doubted she'd ignore it for long.