Chapter 1

"Cap get in here! Bring the rest of the team with you!" Tony yelled, grabbing the attention of Steve, who was currently sitting next to Bucky in the compound living room. 

Steve stood up, making his way over to the meeting room along with a few others who followed behind him. "What's up?" 

"I think we got a lead" Tony spoke, turning his monitor to face steve. 

Displayed on the monitor was a figure dressed in a black suit with only a red cross on the arm to distinguish its presence. 

"This picture was taken an hour ago outside a convenient store about half an hour away from us" he explains before pointing to something on the monitor "And you see, the red cross, we think it's her" 

Steve eyes the monitor before looking back up at tony, a puzzled look on his face, "Yeah, well it looks like her suit but if she's as good of an assassin as Fury seems to think she is why would she get caught of CCTV so easily?"

"That's true but it's not the main concern right now, Fury wants her in custody as soon as possible" Tony explained "Get suited up everyone, she's close and we don't wanna lose her now" 

Steve glanced around the group, his eyebrowed furrowed with confusion. He found it odd that the unnamed fugitive would be running around in front of cameras but he didn't have time to think about it now.

As Tony headed for the Quinjet the rest of the group headed quickly to suit up and join him. 

...

"So what exactly is the plan here?" Natasha asked as the group grabbed their weapons, preparing to head out. 

"Well, there isn't exactly one.  All you need to do is find her, don't alert her we're here, she an assassin, if she gets wind of us she'll be gone before we can bat an eyelid" Tony explains " Oh and most importantly, Fury wants her back alive, so stun guns only" He clarifies

Steve grabbed his shield before following the group out of the Quinjet. "Good luck, alert coms if you find her"  

...

Scarlett was walking along a sidewalk, gun in hand when the Avengers had arrived to find her. She'd just finished disposing a body when she realized something was off.

"Nothing on West Street, heading south" a small muffled voice spoke, alerting Scarlett that someone was looking for her. 

A small smile grew on her face, this was going to be fun. 

Scarlett pulled her bandana back above her mouth before turning the corner and surveying her surroundings. Glancing around the empty streets her eyes lit up as she noticed the sight of red hair running past her eyes. 

Natasha Romanoff. 

Scarlett walked in the direction of the fiery red hair, slipping her gun back into its holster. As she caught up to the girl she stood behind her, Natasha whipping around to face the girl. 

Scarlett watched as the girl reached for her earpiece, "Guys I-" she spoke before immediately being cut off as Scarlett stared into the girl's eyes, her own becoming a dark red hue. She entered the girl's mind, shuffling around before conjuring up a nightmare inside the girl's head that would surely keep her at bay long enough for a distraction.

...

The group was crouched down around Natasha as she took deep breaths, holding her head.  

"Nat? What happened? What did she do to you?" Tony asked, helping her to sit up. 

"She-She.." Nat breathed out, trying her best to regain her breath.  "She put images into my head, she got in my head"

Tony looked towards Steve before glancing back at Nat, "As Wanda did?"

Natasha nodded, "Yes just like that"

Steve stood up, "Tony did you know she could do that?"

"No, but I'm guessing Fury did and that's why he wants her alive"

Steve nodded, "Get Nat back to the Quinjet, I'll find her"

Tony nodded before helping Nat to her feet, "good luck Cap, we'll be on comms"

Steve nodded before heading back to where Nat had been attacked. He slipped an electric rod from his waistband, one similar to what had stunted Wanda years earlier, he figured it would do the trick. 

Steve continued walking before hearing footsteps behind him causing him to whip around and become face to face with the girl. 

He watched as the girl's eyes began to glow red as he quickly threw the rod at the girl causing a shock wave to fly through her body.

Steve watched as the girl fell to the ground an agonizing scream left her mouth.

Scarlett gripped her head as she tried to regain her breath, pain cursing through her. 

Steve watched as the girl struggled, trying to reach for the gun in her holster. 

"Nuh Uh" Steve spoke, shaking his head as he threw the girl over his shoulder and headed back towards the Quinjet. 

...

The others were shocked when Steve walked in with the girl on top of his shoulder. 

"Wow, you actually did it," Tony said, a smug smile on his face.

"What you thought I couldn't?" Steve asked while setting the girl on the floor and cuffing her wrists together with a power-stopping cuff. 

Tony snickered, "Well, yeah. We thought you would have been the least likely to bring her in but good on you Cap"

Steve merely rolled his eyes in response before walking back over to where Tony was. "So what exactly does Fury want with this one?"

Tony glanced at the girl before moving closer to Steve, "Well he thinks she could be a valuble asset"

Steve snickered, "A valueble asset? She's at the top of our most wanted fugitive list and he wants her on our team? We saw what she did to Nat" 

Tony shrugs, "Don't ask me i'm just following orders" he chuckled before looking in the direction of the girl, "you can start your questioning early since we have a trip back."

...

Scarlett was sat against the quinjet wall, her head still pounding as Steve approached her once more. She knew the cuffs he'd put on her had rescritced her power as she was now unable to enter their heads. 

Steve reached down, yanking the bandana off her chin revealing the entirity of her face. Steve studied her for a moment, he'd by lying if he said she wasn't undeniably attractive, her jet black hair and dark eyes which were bore into his own. 

"We can start now or we can wait until you're thrown in the jail cell" Steve starts, "whichever is more desirable to you. To me it doesn't matter we'll get it out of you eventually"

Scarlett remained silent, meerly contuining to bore her eyes into his own. It wasn't like she hadn't spent a few nights in a cell before, they weren't going to get under her skin. 

Steve nodded and stoof up, "Alrighty then, cell it is"

Scarlett meerly smiled as he walked away.

...

AN

Chapter 1! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of invasive, i'm super excited to write this one i love enemies to lovers.