Chapter 2

When the team arrived back at the compound Scarlett was escorted to the basement where the cells were. Steve set her in the cell and locked the door.

Scarlett was underwhelmed, to say the least, a small snicker emit her mouth. The cell consisted of a cot and a pillow, she figured the avengers could do better than this. 

"I know it's not amusing, the sooner you open up the sooner you get out of there" Steve spoke, noticing the distasteful look on her face.

"What makes you think I'm not amused, captain? The ladies give you that face a lot?" Scarlett snickered.  

Steve rolled his eyes, "I'll be back" he muttered before exiting the cellar and heading back up to the meeting room where the rest of the team was currently located. 

When Steve entered the room he was faced with Tony snickering at him, "She really owned you"

Steve huffed and crossed his arms, "You were listening?"

"Of course I was, you expect anything more from me?" Tony challenged, snickering. 

Steve merely rolled his eyes in response, "Where's Fury?"

"He's on his way,"

...

The group was sat at the table as Fury stood before them. "So when were you planning on telling us she could mess with our minds?" Steve asked looking at Fury, "She really shook Nat,"

"I couldn't risk it, I wanted her here in perfect condition" Fury states, pulling out a file. "This is all we have on her," he spoke, sliding them the file.

As Steve glanced over the file he looked puzzled, all it stated was that she was a high-ranking assassin with mind-warping powers. It didn't even say her name. "This is it? And you want her on the team?"

Fury shook his head, "No, not exactly. It's not that simple. I want you to get it out of her, once we think we can trust her she'll train for a couple of months and I'll decide if she's ready. She has valuable assets, her mind-warping could be essential in the field" Fury explains. 

Steve sighed slightly before pushing the file back towards him, "I don't know how I feel about this, we know nothing about her"

"And as I said, it's your job to find that out"

"But how do we know we can trust her?"

"That's on you to decide Rogers" Fury explains, "Good luck"

...

A few hours had passed before Steve had decided to the cell where the girl was laid across the cot. 

Scarlett sensed his footsteps as he walked down the stairs and sat up to face him as he pulled a chair up in front of her cell. 

"Good to see you again Captain" Scarlett smiled, she enjoyed getting under his skin. 

"We're not gonna play games here, you don't have the upper hand," Steve says firmly.

"Oh but don't I? I've got the information you need to know and you've got nothing" Scarlet smiles.

Steve sends a glare her way, "Are we forgetting who's in a cell right now?" 

"I've spent more time in far worse Captain" 

"like what?" Steve presses

"I'm sure you'd love to know"

Steve rolled his eyes before raising his voice slighting "If you're not going to cooperate we'll find a way to make you"

Scarlett smiled, "Are you going to torture me, Captain? I didn't think that's what you did here but if you're into that I'm all for it"

Steve huffed, his cheeks turning slightly pink as he stormed out of the basement, leaving Scarlett with an evil smile plastered on her face. 

...

"Why can't Nat go down there, she's also an assassin I'm sure she'd do a better job" Steve huffs.

"Oh, you're just mad cause she's getting you all hot and bothered" Tony snickered.

"I'm not hot and bothered!" Steve shot back, "She just bothers me, her whole story it's just not right" 

Tony nodded with a smile, "Mhm"

"I could try," Nat said, "But I'm not sure I'll get any more out than you could"

"Are you sure you wanna go down there, after the images she put into your head?" Bruce asked, eyeing her with concern.

"I mean Steve has a point, if she's anything like me I'm sure I can use it to my advantage" Nat spoke, just stay on the monitor in case something happens" 

They nod as Nat approached the entryway down to where Scarlett was sitting. 

"Oh, goodie another one" Scarlett muttered as she sat up to face her.

...

AN

Chapter 2! I hope you're enjoying the book so far! I really enjoy writing sassy characters lol.