Chapter 3

"Have you come back for more? Unfortunately, I've got these cuffs on so I can't do much for you"

 Natasha gave no reaction as she sat in front of Scarlett, "We aren't your enemy you know. We can help you if there is someone after you or-"

"Who says I need help?" Scarlett laughs, cutting her off, "And if you aren't my enemy why am I locked inside a cell?"

"You're locked inside a cell because you attacked us," 

"I was merely defending myself" she shot back.

"Are you a widow?" Natasha asks

"If I was a Widow, you'd know" She replies nonchalantly, leaning back against the wall.

"You may not be a widow but I've seen what you do, someone had to have taught you. Who?"

Scarlett remains silent, continuing to stare at her.

Natasha sighed, "I was manipulated, I moved on, became a better person. If you let us help you we can do the same for you." 

Scarlett let out a small laugh, Natasha sending her a glare. "What's funny?"

"It's just the fact you're calling yourself a better person"

"Shield can help you, you don't have to be a criminal anymore," Natasha says once more, trying her best to plead to the emotions of the girl. 

"A criminal? And you're not?" Scarlett starts, slightly snickering as the words left her mouth. "I know what've you done Natasha. I've seen inside your head. Your ledger is drenched in red. You came here thinking you'd wash it out, but all you've done is make it worse. You call me the criminal yet I've never killed an innocent child. You think you're a hero, you all do. You're nothing more than a mere facade! You pretend to help people, yet you allow yourself to sacrifice innocent lives for the greater good but really you're only helping yourself. If you could open your eyes and see the damage you've done you wouldn't be able to sit here and call me a criminal. At least I'm able to take account for what I've done but you're all blinded. You're no better than me." She spoke, her tone cold as her eyes bore into her. 

Scarlett watched as Natasha stepped back, choking on her breath slightly as tears flooded her eyes. Scarlett knew exactly what would get to her and she did exactly that.

...

Tony, Steve, and Bruce were huddled around the monitor watching the interaction between the two. 

"Tony" Steve spoke suddenly, "Tony turn it up" he spoke as the group saw Natasha begin to shake slightly.

Tony did as asked and turned the volume up slightly just for them to hear the end of what was said.

"You're no better than me" She had spoke. 

"I told you it was a bad idea for her to go down there!" Bruce spoke suddenly, glaring at the two. 

"Tony we gotta break it up now" Steve spoke sternly, shutting off the monitor and heading for the basement, Tony following close behind him. 

...

Scarlett watched as Steve stormed towards her, Tony helping Natasha regain her breath. 

"What did you say to her?" He asked, his face close to the cell bars. 

"I merely spoke the truth" Scarlett shrugged.

"What did you say!?"

Scarlet remained unfazed, "I thought you'd be smarter Captain. Sending her down seems like a clearly flawed move. Aren't you supposed to be the leader of the team?" 

Steve was furious, he'd had nearly enough of this girl. He decided he was going to speak to Fury as soon as possible. 

"I swear I-" Steve started 

"Cap give it a rest let's go!" Tony yelled out, "You're only giving her what she wants"

Steve huffed slightly, sending her a final glare before exciting the cellar. 

As the group recouped in the meeting room Bruce performed a quick check on Natasha to make sure she was okay. 

"Nat, what'd she say to you?" Steve asked after a small pause.

Nat shook her head, "She just brought up my past, you know how it is. I'm alright" 

Steve knew how touchy she was about her past, she never really spoke about it with anyone. "Tony, can you get Fury on the phone I want to speak to him. We need a new plan" 

"Sure thing Cap"

...

AN

Chapter 3!

I feel so bad for making her be mean to Nat but next chapter she's gonna open up, not willingly but you'll see. hope you enjoyed it!