02

••

••

"so we're just not going to talk about last night?"

christian stood, leaning against the kitchen island with a mug of coffee in hand. his gaze trailed alex as she had completely ignored his question and continued cutting her fruits into perfect pieces like he wasn't there. her grip on the knife tensed as he kept staring with persistent eyes.

"stop look at me like you're trying to turn me into stone," she remarked, neatly placing her fruits in a bowl. she looked up to observe him for a quick second. the footballer was still shirtless, much to alex's dismay, and had that same golden retriever look on his face - a look that has innocence written all over it.

"then stop being so stubborn and just answer the question,"

she's so complicated, christian thought to himself, one second she's the most understanding person in the world, and then a second later, she's pushing away everyone who tries to care.

"it's not that serious, we didn't even fuck," she replied nonchalantly, popping a grape in her mouth and pushed the bowl towards him.

"you are unbelievable, alex," christian let out a frustrated sigh, "that's not my point,"

"then explain to me, mr. wise guy, what's your point?"

"oh my god, my point is that i found you so drunk that you were stumbling out of a fucking bar in the middle of london at midnight. do you know how dangerous that sounds? someone could've, i don't know, taken advantage of you?" christian let out all of his frustrations to her in a serious tone.

although he had genuine concern written all over his face, alex told herself that he was full of shit.

"taken advantage of me?" alex scoffed, "please christian let's not get ahead of ourselves, you're the one who almost fucked a drunk woman last night. as a matter of fact, that should even be considered taking advantage,"

"you're getting it all wrong but you'd obviously be too drunk to remember that you told me that you..."

he immediately hesitated and decided it was best to not tell alex the whole story of what happened last night, even if it makes him look like the bad guy.

his lips formed into a thin line, "you know what, just talk to me when you're ready to face your problems because you've always been like this, lex. we both know that all you do is run away,"

and just like that, christian walked out the door.

alex buried her face in her hands. what the fuck is happening, she angrily thought to herself, and what even happened last night? alex stared at the empty coffee mug christian had left behind and she couldn't help but silently agree with him. he was right, she just loved to run away from her problems.

oh fuck no, she told herself immediately, shaking off those thoughts - he has no right to act all innocent because he's not any better.

••