04

recap

ben turned to face alex and said, "i don't think you've met our friend here,"

alex rolled her eyes at the clueless brit and reluctantly turned to face christian, "you are correct chilly, i don't think i've met this one,"

"oh trust me alex, we've met,"

••

"sorry, i don't think i remember you," alex grinned innocently, leaning slightly towards the american international, "or maybe you're just forgettable,"

instant regret filled christian as he knew should have seen this coming. provoking alex rossi is something easy to do, but the outcomes almost never go in your favor.

the surrounding chelsea players stood dumbfounded as alex walked away from the scene, slamming her mango flavored white claw on christian's chest for him to quickly grab. if you were an outsider viewing this, you would've thought a bloody murder had just taken place.

ben was first to break the silence as he asked, "christian, are you not gonna go after her?"

everyone's eyes turned at him as christian quietly replied, "is the food ready yet mase?"

christian's response surprised everyone as ben and mason stared at each other with unreadable expressions.

alexrossi • london, england

mason mount's interior decorator needs a raise

alexrossi posted to story

"so alex," timo werner began his dreaded monologue, "you're just never going to forgive christian?"

kai added, "or even talk to him about why you're mad at him?"

alex joined the germans as they congregated in mason's newly renovated and beautifully lit backyard. while they discussed alex's ongoing life problems, they had a quality dinner of juicy steaks, courtesy of thiago silva's grilling skills.

alex sat on the hammock chair that faced timo and paula, who sat on the same couch as kai and sophia. she was already on white claw #4 with pink whitney threatening to make an appearance.

"umm..." her voice lingered hesitantly, "i probably should but being mad is lowkey fun,"

"lex, you are so toxic," sophia laughed as kai rolled his eyes, "but seriously, he was right when he told you to stop running away from your problems. you should at least tell him the whole truth after he saved your ass from that bar,"

"honestly, i know i owe him that and i'm just living in denial so i don't have to face it," alex groaned in annoyance, "kai, how did you pull a smart AND hot woman? like you are concerningly mid next to her,"

paula interrupted and asked, "i know i'm the only one who doesn't know but... what happened between you and christian in the first place?"

timo sighed and knew he was in for a long night. in return, alex took a couple shots of pink whitney to begin her story off with a kick.

"so, me and christian pulisic have known each other for as long as we could remember. we grew up in a really small town and were the two most popular soccer players in the state by high school.  christian was mostly known for his astounding technical ability and while i was a skilled player, my connection to inter milan through my dad was what made me stand out. it was known by most people in hershey that i despised him because his name would always be stuck next to mine in every newspaper article. it was annoying to share the spotlight but he was undoubtedly better than me in soccer. unfortunately for him, my grades were far better than his,"

"so you guys have always hated each other since like, day one," paula assumed, only for alex to shake her head.

"nope, there's a twist. i was a tutor in high school so one of my teachers thought it would be the funniest shit ever if i tutored christian. at first, i was definitely bitchy and put glue in his shampoo whenever i would tutor him at his house. eventually, we made a deal that if he would help me with my finishing shot, i would help him pass chemistry and math. that deal had us spending all of our time with each other and i realized that he wasn't so bad. he was not only one of the most naturally gifted soccer players i've ever met, but also one of the nicest guys with the biggest heart i've ever seen. honestly, i fell for him badly,"

alex stopped as she spotted a familiar silhouette on the balcony above, completely ignoring the stares of the germans who awaited the finishing words of her story.

"i'll finish the story another time," alex promised, attempting to regain balance as she stood up. her head was pounding intensely while she navigated her way into mason's home. the flashing lights and colorful leds only contributed to her headache and the aggressively loud music was a nail in her coffin. yet, the only thing in her mind was i need to get up there.

by some miracle, she climbed the spiral staircase without falling and made her way to the master bedroom. alex mentally thanked mason for giving her a virtual house tour prior to purchasing the home a couple months ago.

she cracked the door open to see a distant figure in the distance. alex realized that the figure was unaware of her entrance so she quietly walked towards the balcony door and opened it.

the figure suddenly turned around tensely at the surprising arrival but relaxed at the sight of alex rossi.

he turned his back to her and quietly asked, "what are you doing here? i thought you didn't know who i was,"

"i'm sorry, christian, for embarassing you in front of your teammates," alex apologized straightforwardly, "and i'm sorry for being a raging bitch. you really didn't do anything, i just a lot going on and i'm taking my problems out on you,"

she walked over next to christian as he softened his gaze to meet her eyes. "i would accept your apology in a heartbeat but you can't lie to me and say that i didn't do anything. if that were true, you wouldn't even be mad at me in the first place and you wouldn't have blown up in your kitchen the way you did,"

alex rubbed her temples and took a seat on the couch conveniently placed in front of the balcony railing. at this point, she isn't thinking about what comes out of her mouth. rather, she's just speaking and hoping the right words come out.

"can we talk about this when i'm not running on five shots of pink whitney," alex requested in an exhausted tone, "just like... sit with me or something,"

christian pulisic watched her as she shut her eyes and waited for him. he took a seat next to alex and she rested her head on his shoulder. in return, he wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer to his body.

alex just misses him. she knows there's a lot of problems to fix before everything will be okay but she just wants a moment where he's there. christian's warmth is extremely intoxicating and whenever his warm vanilla scent reaches her senses, she never wants it to leave.

christian knows he cares too much but he's tired of trying. if she wants to fix things between them, she will eventually. yet, he's willing to wait.

after a moment of silence, he gently slipped the hair tie off alex's wrist and tied her soft blonde hair in a loose ponytail.

"what are you doing?"

"i know you don't like your hair in your face when you're drunk,"

"you still remember that?"

"no actually, it's really forgettable,"

alex rolled her eyes, "are you never going to let that go?"

"nope," christian smiled at her as he realized that maybe it's really okay not to be okay sometimes.

all you need is two people who care.