01

chapter one
STILL FULL OF LOVE

Aurora was sitting on the floor, ' love of my life' by Harry Styles playing for the fourth time in her airpods. "we're leaving in the next ten minute !" yells her mother through the house. Aurora replayed the scene of her meeting Conrad again, well yes, they met every years, but this year, it was different everybody knows it. both of their family knew they had a story, but they hated to talk about it, probably because they never get over each other.

she stands up, takes her suitcase and walks downstairs with no conviction. she loves summer but seeing him again make her feel sick to her stomach.

her mother smiles at her and Aurora simply nods smiling at her. she goes toward the car, open the trunk and slides her suitcase in it. she opens the passenger door. her head immediately find her place against the window. she sees Taylor walking out of her house. the blond girl waves at Rory, she waves back.

her brother seats next to her. her mother behind him and her sister's jaw drops. "i was suppose to seat here !" she complains as she seats next to her. "Rory, stop being a child." "she'll get over it." she sighs adjusting her body. "be nice, please, we're going to have a great time." comments Laurel. she turns up her music and rolls her eyes. Steven starts the car and drive away.

the whole ride, Aurora keeps his head in her mind. she wants him to get out of it, but never went away. she always thought it was embarrassing to still care about him. 'it's been a year, you need to move on.' was all she could say to herself but she never got over him. they stop at a gas station. she walks out of the car. before her sister and her mom join her her mom speaks.

"is she okay ?" asks their mother pointing at the girl getting into the store. "mom- you know, it's been hard for her. but it's Aurora, she will be fine." reassures Steven. "i know, but it's been a year, i just want her to be alright." "me too." says her brother calmly looking softly at their mother.

she picks up a non-alcoholic beer. she sees her sister walking in the store eating into a packet of crips. the seller's eyes traveling both of their bodies. Aurora made a disgust face. she picks her sister's packet, plus, her coke and put it on the counter. "take my money instead of checking out my sister who's fifteen." he looks up and down at her scanning the articles. "but you're not fifteen, are you ?" he smiles. "no, but i can call the cops." she smirks taking her stuff. "there's the first bonfire of the season tonight. meet me there."  she rolls her eyes and takes her sister by the wrist. they walk to the car. and gets back to her seat.

twenty minutes later, they arrive at the Fisher's house.  Steven hon the honk the car to announce their presence. the house already haunted of memories.

"boys, they're here !" yells Susannah through the house. Jeremiah rushes downstairs. Aurora look one last time at her phone camera. she sighs loudly. and gets out. she sees Jeremiah hugging Belly. he sees her and pulls away from Isabel. "what's up, step sis !" her smiles drop. "you need to stop calling me that." she hugs back. "sorry." "it's fine." he rubs her back.

he pulls away and rushes to Laurel. she looks at them hugging each other. she looks the other way around, suddenly, her heart hit the ground. she looks down, smiling sadly at herself.

the first look since a year ago. her eyes implants in his'. the rest of the world didn't matter it never did. their family was now blurry around them. the only important thing for him right now, was her. the only important thing for her right now, was him. she was used to a soft look, worried or affectionate. but right now ? it was far from being all that. it was just a plain look. he remarks how she's still wearing his bracelets as she remarks how he's still wearing her bracelets. they made it last year. and offered it to each other. they never took it off.