02

chapter two
IT'LL ALWAYS BE YOU

remember to comment and vote <3

they get back around 6:30am, Conrad lies on the couch and she goes to her bedroom. she wakes up at 10am. and walks downstairs. "morning sunshine." smiles Jeremiah kissing her forehead. "how was your night ?" she seats on the counter next to her mom. "not so bad." her mom nods playing with her daughter's hand.

she looks at the couch seeing Conrad completely out. Steven was behind Jere less than two inches separating them. "okay, get out." orders Jeremiah pointing the exit. "what ? why ?" laughs Steven. "do we really have to physically sit for our portraits ? can't she just, like, look at a picture on her phone or something ?" asks the youngest Fisher cooking. "she needs to see you in the flesh in order to capture your essence. while you're still young and full of hope." the three of them laughs. "her words." she admits looking up from her computer.

"well, Conrad does not have hope, actually. especially after his and Rory's break up. he's hopeless, but my hangover smoothie-it cures all. well not their break up but-" Conrad sighs loudly. "can you shut up and give me my thing." he passes his hand through his face sadly. "just go back to bed, all right ?"

"she hasn't painted you since you were little. i think i'd be nice to have these portraits for when you're older." she defends her best friend. she walks to the fridge picking up milk and coffee. "when i'm older, i'm sure there'll be, like, like holograms or something i can watch of myself, you know ?" adds Steven. Jeremiah chuckles starting the blender making Conrad jump.

"be delicate Jere, remember he's shit right now." she says drinking her coffee. "oh, i'm sorry i hurt you're boyfriend's ears." he mocks. she puts her mug into the sink. "that's why you can't pull anyone, girls and boys." she annoyingly barks. "i'm joking." he says putting the milkshake to a cup. "i'm not." she smirks at him.

she picks the cup and walks to her best friend's brother. "here." she hands it to him. he groans seating. he lets out a smile. "thank you." "you're welcome." echoes Jere. "i wasn't speaking to you, thank you, Rory." rory, she missed him calling her by this nickname. he was the one and only, the creator of this nickname.

flashback : age nine

Conrad and Aurora were in a kids center for the summer. the room was full of adults watching them and other kids. today they had to write about their best friend. and come to the board to introduce them to the class.

"who are you going to talk about ?" wonders Conrad praying that she would say him. "Jere." she answers writing back to her paper. oh, his brother ? "i'm joking, Con. it's you, it's always gonna be you." she smiles making his heart melt. in that moment, Conrad knew she meant something to him, something more than just a friend.

"what about you ?" he looks up at her. "oh, i'm definitely going to talk about Belly." she chuckles softly knowing he was joking. but he doesn't add anything, he just look down at his paper. oh ? she waits for him to look up but he doesn't, she waits for him to talk, but he doesn't. he smiles at himself. "i feel bad, i'm sorry, it's about you, it'll always be about you." she smiles at him. "i hope so." they both laugh together.

"on the board it's written that we need to tell the class what nickname we use. but i don't have any, what do i do ? like you call me Con or Connie, but i call you Aurora." he explains playing with his pencil trying to find one. "it's okay, you don't have to." she reassures but Conrad felt like she needed a nickname. he felt like he wasn't a real friend if he couldn't find his own best friend a nickname.