05

chapter 5 :
LET IT BE ME

comment & vote

aurora was standing in the room awkwardly. the heels hurting her feet like crazy. she was playing with the bottom of her dress. belly was with her man, everyone was. expect aurora. she takes out her phone and she immediately feel the need to send something to conrad.

conrad

hope you slept well thinking about me ;)
send

she put back her phone in her dress' pocket. "attention, everyone." calls the teacher. "please welcome our debutante waltz instructor, ms. covington, all the way from ms. covington's school of ballroom dance in Newton." everyone applause looking at the two older woman. "as you all know, the waltz is the most highly anticipated part of the ball. so, please join your partners now. come on." rory swallows looking around feeling some gaze on her.

"hey. where's your escort ?" accuses nicole standing in front of her. "i don't have one." she admits. "okay. let's just train. but please have an escort for the night." she puts her hands around nicole.

conrad wake up a smile on his face remembering last night. he stands up looking at picture of them. he grins at them before picking up his phone. his smile go wider seeing her name pop on his screen. he walks downstairs.

he makes himself a coffee as jeremiah walk in the kitchen. "morning." greets conrad. "morning." says jere surprised of his brother good mood. conrad pour himself the rest of the coffee making the younger fisher sighs. "seriously ?" he groans looking at his brother defeated. "you can have it." conrad hands the drink to him. "thanks." he nods smiling. jere suspiciously take a sip out of the cup.

"hey, where's rory ? and everyone else ?" he asks emptying the rest of coffee in the bin. "um, rory, belly and steven are at the club, doing the whole deb thing." conrad nods. "want some eggs ? i'll make some." asks connie smiling at his brother. "um, i gotta get to the club." explains jeremiah putting the cup on the counter. "so, uh, what's with the good mood ?" conrad doesn't immediately answers. "i don't know, maybe i'm just happy to be alive, after you almost blew me and rory up last night." jokes conrad making his brother roll his eyes. "i said i was sorry. i didn't know you guys were out there." lies jeremiah he saw them. he saw too much.

"what were you guys doing out there, anyway ?" he intrusively wonders. a big smile appear on conrad's face unable to hide it. "we talked." and we almost kissed before you tried to kill us. was what conrad wanted to answer. "about ?" "don't you have a pool to vacuum ?" conrad refused to answer his brother question knowing he liked rory. i mean who wouldn't, right ?

conrad watches his brother run out of the kitchen as he realized he was late. conrad walk out happily. "good morning, laurel." smiles con. "morning." she says confused at how happy he sound.

jeremiah arrive into the deb room. seeing rory dancing with nicole. "mind if i have this dance ?" asks jeremiah holding rory's hand. "aurora." "jeremiah." she chuckles as he placed his hands in hers. "you're gonna get me in trouble, asshole." she chuckles. they look at each other a smile lock on each of their face.