03

chapter three
CHEATER

comment, vote & follow

she wakes up around 9am. she walks downstairs her eyes swollen because of tears. she was about to walk to the pool but heard a voice behind her. "morning sweetie." calls Susannah. "oh, hey." she passes a hand through her face.

"how was your night with Conrad ?" asks Beck randomly. "what do you mean ?" she scoffs fully confused. "he left the book signature and you said you had a date last night." her eyes' drop on the floor. "i was with Aaron not Conrad." she swallows looking straight at Susannah. oh ? "he didn't ask you out ?" she sighs picking up a glass of water. "why would he ?" she asks feelings an anxious pain in her heart.

"becau-ask him." she simply replies before walking away. what the fuck ? she drinks her glass and goes outside. she takes off her clothes as she dives in the pool. without knowing that Jeremiah was there the whole conversation.

a moment after her sister wake up. "hey ! can you hear that ? i think that's someone's birthday here." she yells rushing to her giving her the best hug ever. "thank you so much." she says out of breath because of her sister grasp. "i wish i was still young." jokes Rory. "you're not old." laughs her sister.

they all seats around Belly. "open mine first." shouts Jere handing her gift to her. she opens it finding a key bracelet. "it's so sweet." she smiles. after Susannah gave hers, Steven. "Connie, your turn." he stands up walking to her followed by her ex's eyes. "thank you." she smiles looking at him with big eyes. she opens it finding a necklace with 'always you' writing on it.

his heart stop remarking that he gave her the wrong necklace but she already put it around her neck. when Aurora look at it seeing what's written she stops breathing. irony. "excuse me." she stands up walking out of the house with everyone's gaze on her. "i'll be right back." he catches her up in her car her head on her knees. he comes in before she could lock it.

she was about to leave but he locks the door taking the keys off keeping them with him. "i'm sorry, i didn't know it would hurt you, it's not even the necklace i bought her, i took the wrong one." he explains but she doesn't bother giving him a glare. "get over yourself. i leaved because i had a phone call to make i still do." she lies making Conrad's gaze fall down.

"who did you have to call ?" he wonders looking at her hands. jealousy, running through his veins. her fingers playing with each other, it used to be his hand. it still should be. he swallows waiting for an answer. "the guy you violently punch last night, my date." her lips pressing with each other to avoid the hurting feeling in her stomach, heart, lungs, throat, brain, everywhere. "oh, i'm sor-" "quit the bullshit." she curses harshly. "okay, fine. i'm not sorry." her eyes widen. even if she knew he mean it, she never expected him to say it out loud.

"okay, so next time i see Nicole i will make sure to punch her so hard that she will confound you and Jere." "is that what you did last year ? you confound me and Jeremiah ? is that why you kissed him ?" he barks back but Conrad couldn't hide the crack in his voice. "this ? again ? i-i've never kissed your brother !" she yells exaggerating her expressions. "can you at least stop denying it, it's embarrassing." she scoffs hurt.

"Conrad, you should be the one embarrassed, i never went to the deb ball with my current boyfriend while i was with you !" she yells back not hiding how angry and disappointed she was. did she ever kissed Jeremiah ? yes. was it when she and Conrad was together ? never. it was during a stupid ass game when they were fifteen.