𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐅𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐒

HARBINGER ! ·˚
❛ chapter two ❜
* slight mentions of suicide *

⊹₊ ⋆  THAT SAME NIGHT AFTER SCHOOL, STEFAN had rushed home after his encounter with Elena Gilbert ag Mystic Falls Graveyard, he refused to meet Asdrid's eyes when she asked what was wrong, ashamed in himself for almost losing control

  THAT SAME NIGHT AFTER SCHOOL, STEFAN had rushed home after his encounter with Elena Gilbert ag Mystic Falls Graveyard, he refused to meet Asdrid's eyes when she asked what was wrong, ashamed in himself for almost losing control. He knew Asdrid wouldn't be disappointed in him, she had seen Stefan at his lowest, she had brought him back. But he was disappointed in himself.

Of course, when he finally spilled the beans about what almost happened over a silly little scraped knee, Asdrid didn't laugh or mock him like any other vampire would, like his brother would, instead she told him everytbing would be alright. "Slip up will always happen Stefan, even vampires hundreds of years older than you will still sometimes have slip ups, and you have it so much worse. So stop being so hard on yourself."

Stefan would look back and laugh at Asdrid's words, knowing the surprise that would fill anyone else's face if they had heard her (minus a few), you see, after that night back in 1693, Asdrid's humanity was rarely shown, only with those who had grown on her. She was scared to let others in, scared that they'd be taken from her again like her mother was, even three hundred years later, she still wasn't over her mothers death.

Whatever spell her mother performed that night had worked, it was a shame that such spell had gone to waste. Her coven had all died that night, meaning Asdrid was never killed and returned back to Earth like the coven had wanted, meaning she would've never needed the spell to survive. But the spell was still performed, and Asdrid still didn't die.

It was the next night Asdrid came to that realisation when she brought the kitchen knife to her neck and watched as the would closed almost as quick as it opened. Time and time again, it just kept closing. And with the amount of blood she had lost, she needed to get back. And it seamed whatever spell her mother performed to make her not be killed, came with a price, she needed human blood.

Now, don't get confused. Asdrid wasn't a vampire. She didn't have pointy teeth or superspeed, she couldn't use compulsion, she didn't need to be invited into someone's home, she didn't burn in the sun. She was just a normal person, granted, a normal person who has crazy red powers and couldn't die as long as she drank a decent amount of human blood,

Asdrid wasn't innocent, three hundred years on the planet, she had done a lot of things that would ruin anyones innoncent. She had killed, she had lost control. So she couldn't judge Stefan for the mistakes he couldn't control, even if she wanted too. But still, to cheer one of her best friends up, she decided that they would go out. Apparently Elena had left her diary in the graveyard and Stefan (being the ultimitare romantic that he is) wanted to return it to her in person, but Stefan was still scared, scared that he would lose control once again, so he asked Asdrid to tag along.