Chapter III

Madeleine's POV:
I sat down and started thinking about why Espresso left. I still remember how devastated she was when Espresso disappeared. I wonder why he didn't tell her he was leaving. I wonder why he didn't tell me he's gone. I wonder why he never told me why he got so offended about me asking polite inquiries about his house.

Flashback:
Latte arrived into class sobbing. The teacher asked me to take her to the quiet room. She was stumbling a little bit as we left the classroom.
'Hey Latte, what happened?'
'DON'T YOU KNOW? ESPRESSO'S GONE. HE'S FUCKING GONE. HE DISAPPEARED ON THE DAY YOU WENT TO HIS HOUSE.'
'Sorry, I don't know what happened fully.'
'THEN YOU KNOW SOMETHING. TELL ME NOW.'
I proceeded to tell her what happened on that day. She slapped me hard on my cheek. It hurt.
'I KNEW YOU DID SOMETHING.'
'Sorry.'
'DON'T APOLOGISE TO ME. APOLOGISE TO ESPRESSO. HE'S THE ONE WHO IS GONE, NOT ME.'
'...'
She slapped me again on the same cheek. It stung more now.
'I'm sorry, Latte. I'm sorry about Espresso.'
'Do not speak to me. Unless it is about finding Espresso.'
I nodded my head and left.

To this day, I still feel shitty about him going missing.  I will do anything possible to act like I don't remember.

Espresso's POV:
I kept thinking about him, how he looked at me like he remembered nothing. It made me feel sickened. He thought I would forgive him with that look on his face? I couldn't stand it. I decided to get back into my lab to do experiments. But he wouldn't leave my mind. I felt like smashing my head into the test tubes and setting myself on fire with the Bunsen burner after I pour gasoline on myself. Anything for me to forget. Anything. I would rather die than remember. I wish I had someone to cry to, to complain about everything, maybe even make me forget and move on. I want to forget. I need to forget. The bar was nearby; it was pretty quiet currently, so I went there. I opened the door to see the regulars.
'Hi Espresso!' That's Herb. He owns a florist shop and was rumoured to date Sparkling, who spoke after
'Hi Espresso, you're not here often. What's up?'
'Some guy from the Republic moved here and I don't want to see him again.'
Vampire fell onto the floor when I spoke. He was sleeping there, drunk.
'I see. Do you want anything? I saw some blonde guy with extremely long hair here a few minutes ago, was that him?'
'I'll have an Espresso Martini. And yes that was him I think.'
'Alright, it is coming up!'
I thanked him and sipped on the Martini.
He stared at Vampire, who was currently crying while hugging onto a chair. Herb tapped him and he started hugging him.
'Vampire, please let go. You can lay on the couch in the staff room.'
He dragged the drunkard into the staff room and returned looking drained. It was closing hours so I finished the drink and left. They locked up the bar and also left, leaving Vampire in there. I wonder if he knows they left. I also wonder if he was taking more wine from the cellar. He is pretty much an alcoholic. I walked home and went back to experimenting. Maybe I should go there more.

Words: 574
AN: I don't even know when I should be adding the actual romance element in there. Pretend I do know please. Maybe it's just what's resulted from being sleep deprived but who gives a fuck about sleep at this point. Sorry the chapters been slow, I'm currently writing Chapter IV and I'm not too sure if I should write that or anything else ahaha.