Hands or no hands?

I was about 4 1/2 months along now, and my bump was getting bigger day by day it seemed. Our tiny little baby was growing.

"Edward, sweetheart, can we talk for a minute?" I asked my husband as he came in from working outside and was covered in leaf bits.

"Ok." He said.

"Umm.....Eddy, I know you love me and baby very much, and I also know that you would never harm us. But, I know that you won't be able to hold the baby once the little one is here. So I was wondering what you wanted to do, get advanced prosthetics or keep your hands the way they are."

"......my hands have always been like this.......I've never known any others.....I don't know June....." Edward whispered in his soft voice.

".....I love you Edward, weather you have  scissorhands or not. You are so precious, so gentle, so sweet and loving. No matter what you decide I will always love you."

Edward smiled, and was quite for while then spoke.

".......June...well.....I love you and I love baby, even though I can't see baby yet......but.....I think I want to keep my hands the way they are.....I've been learning how to use them more and more, and I can do a lot more now. I'm sure there is a way for me to hold our baby, I can learn. I love you June."

Edward said as he looked up at me with that puppy dog look. I smiled back at him and placed both of my hands on the sides of his face.

"I love you so much Edward, and you are perfect just the way you are." I said happily as I slowly pressed my lips to his, he kissed back as I wrap my arms around him pulling him in deepening the kiss.