Prologue

-Shiko's POV-

Our mom died four years ago, but she was happy when she died. All she had ever wished for was for us to live a happy life- a safe life, and that she could take care of us until she didn't need to anymore.

And her wish had been granted, even as she died. When she died, I was 11 and Genya was 12.

 Luckily, Sanemi had turned 18 a couple months back, so we never had to go to an orphanage or foster home. Sanemi took on all the responsibilities of being a "parent", although we still see him as our brother instead of a father figure. 

I was the closest to mom, so when she died it hit me the worst. I stopped going out with friends as much, and I spent a lot of time in my room.

Sanemi and Genya were the ones who helped me out of overwhelming emotions I was having. They would convince me to talk to them about things, and they managed to get me to realise that you need to let things out sometimes. 

At school, my friends were also helping me bit by bit. They were really good at reading body language, so they knew when I need ed A hug or something. They even created a code for if I didn't want to ask for something out loud or just didn't feel like talking.

*tap on something - Hug

*double tap on something - Need a break

*Snap fingers - Going to get some fresh air

And my dad, He left when Sanemi was 9. Sanemi has memories with dad, but he never talks about him. I was too young to remember anything about him, but we have three separate photos of him holding me, Genya, and Sanemi.

Sanemi:

(pretend the toddler is Sanemi)

Genya:

(Pretend the infant is Genya)

Shiko:

(Pretend the baby is Shiko)