Chapter Four

The bell rang and everyone stood up with their bags and rushed out the door to get to their next class. Shinobu and Kanao started putting away their journals, as did I.

 I paused for a minute as my head started spinning. 'Maybe I need some water.' I though as I took my water bottle out of my bag and drank some.

 I sighed as I put the water bottle back in my bag and put some watermelon flavors gum in my mouth.

I walked with Kanao to our lockers and switched out my history books for my Algebra books. I waved goodbye to Kanao as I walked to my Algebra class, which was only a couple classrooms down from my locker.

Sadly, Rengoku sensei wasn't here today and couldnt get anyone to sub for him, so a hall monitor came in and put on a movie before leaving. 

I closed my eyes , welcoming the dreams that sleep bring.

···

I woke up to the sound of the bell, groaning as I got up and grabbed by bag, dragging myself out the door to my next class. 

I went back to my locker and put all my stuff in it. 

I went to the changing rooms and put on a sports bra and some volleyball shorts 

(Pretend the shorts are a little longer)

And a shirt

And a shirt

I walked out of the locker room to see the other girls pracricing their serves

I walked out of the locker room to see the other girls pracricing their serves. I go up to the ball basket and pick a white and pastel yellow volleyball. I bite my lip and smile moment after. 

"Clara!" I shout across the gym.Everyone looks at me and Clara raises her eyebrows.

 I serve the ball and she quickly catches on as she hits it back. 

Gradually, more teammates join in, 6-7 people on each side. Since I'm the libero, I start saving the ball as it falls, which only happened  twice, meaning our team is getting better.

We played another set, and the rhythm repeats in my mind. Clara sets the ball to Thalia, who spikes it over the net. I start seeing black spots and lose focus, nearly toppling over.

Coach Urokodaki, who had walked in a couple minutes after I started the game,  called a break. He walked over me  to check if I was alright. 

"I just need some water" I half-lied, running to the locker rooms to get a drink. I drank the rest of the water in the water bottle and popped a piece of  gum in my mouth. I sat down for a minute to calm down my heart rate, which I didn't notice had risen during my volleyball game. 

I decided to change into my normal clothes again, and the bell rang right after.