𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

☂︎UMBRELLA COLECTION
──────

"I survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find." Five chuckled as he explained to us what he did in the apocolypse, i've learned that he was stuck there for 45 years unlike me that I was only stuck in the imagination of the apocalypse for 16 years.

"You know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well, it's total bullshit." He chuckled. "I can't even imagine" Vanya said still interested in what five had to say but continued to clean his cuts.

"You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die. So we adapted.Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it." Five explained. "We?"

Vanya asked confused looking up at him. "You got anything stronger?" Five asked as he was drinking wine with his other hand but only to find vanya staring at him blankly. "You think I'm crazy." He scoffed as he put the drink down. "No.. it's just.." vanya stammerred.

"It's a lot to take in." She sighed. "Exactly what don't you understand?" He scoffed looking straight at vanya. "Why didn't you just time travel back?" vanya asked oblivious. Five scoffed, "Gee, wish I'd thought of that." he joked.

"Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed. You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family? If you grew old there, you know, in the apocalypse, how come you still look like a kid? Why does y/n still look like a kid?" She asked turning to me.

"I told you already! I must have got the equations wrong. Which affected me and y/n since we were both technachly in the apocalypse, y/n was there mentally though so I am still confused by that".

"I mean, Dad always used to say that... time travel could mess up your mind. Well, maybe that's what's happening?" vanya tried to reason but five just scoffed. "This was a mistake. You're too young... too naive to understand. Let's go y/n your coming with me" Five said as he stood up and I followed him.

"No. Five... Y/n, wait. I haven't seen you in a long time,and I don't want to lose you guys again. That's all. And you know what, it's getting late, and... I have lessons early, and I need to sleep, and I'm sure you do, too." Vanya said as she handed us a blanket. "You still play?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah, I missed playing with you though, you know I kept a recording of you playing the tenor saxophone to 'take on me' so I could pretend I was playing with you." she explained, I smiled as a tear fell down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away so no one would see.

"We'll talk in the morning again. Okay? I promise." She smiled as she patted by back and walked to her bedroom. "Night." she said as she shut the door. "Night" me and five said in unison. When we saw the light turn off through the door creak I turned to look at five. "You're not actually planning in staying the night here are you?" I asked as he walked over to the window, "nope

***

"Uh, can I help you?" The lady at the reception asked. "I need to know who this belongs to." five said as I just walked around the room looking at the paintings, the plants, just trying to entertain myself. "Where did you get that?" I man in a doctor said as he walked though the glass door.

"What do you care?" I asked as I went over to were five was standing. Realizing that this wasn't going to help five came up with a better idea. "I... I found it... at a playground, actually. Uh, must have just... [clicks tongue] ...popped out." five smiled. "I wanna return it to its rightful owner." I said as a faked smiled. "Oh... what a thoughtful young lady and young man." the reception lady said. "Yeah. Look up the name for me, will ya?" five told the lady.

"Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you..." Doctor big forehead said, but before he could even finish his sentence five had interrupted him

"Yeah, I know what it means." Five snapped. "But I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just..." The man tried to take the eye of five's hand but five just snatched it back. "Yeah, you're not touching this eye." I snarled at him as I played with my hair.

"Now, you listen here, kids..." The Doctor tried threaten but before he could even finish his sentence five has already pulled the guy by the collar. "No! You listen to me, asshole. I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend, so just give me the information I need, and I'll be on my merry way. And if you call us "kids" one more time, I'm gonna put your head
through that damn wall." He faked smiled as he let the Doctor go.

"Oh, dear" the lady at the reception said. "Call secutiry" The Doctor said as he just stared at us in shock. "Yeah" said the lady already dialing the number.

***

"Five? Y/n?" A voice called out from the hallway. "Are you guys upstairs?" Vanya said as she walked into the room. "Oh, thank God. I was worried sick about you guys." Vanya said as walked closer to us. "Sorry I left without saying goodbye." I said with geniun sorrow written over my face.

"No, look, I'm the one that should be sorry. Yeah, I was dismissive, and... I... I guess I didn't know how to process what five was saying." vanya said as she looked down at her shoes. "Maybe you were right to be dismissive." five chimped in.

"Maybe it wasn't real after all. It felt real. Well... like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind." five continued. "Then maybe I'm not the right person for you to be talking to. Look, I used to see someone. A therapist.
I could give you her information." vanya said as she looked inside her pocket for a bussiness card.

"Thanks, but... I think I'm just gonna get some rest. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep." five said interrupting vanya and putting his hand infront of her signaling that he dosen't want the card. "Okay." She sighed as she walked out.

"That's so..." Klaus started falling miserbly trying to get out of the closet, "...touching, all that stuff about family and Dad and time. Wow!" Klaus finished.

"Would you shut up? She'll hear you!" Five shouted whispered at vanya. "I'm moist." He said as he smiled at me rough up my hair, I splated his hand away and walked over to the mirror to make sure my hair was good.

"I told you to put on something professional." five said rubbing his eyes in stress. "What? This is my nicest outfit." Klaus gausped offended at five. Five sighed, "We'll raid the old man's closet." he said.

"As long as I get paid" klaus said twirling around the room. "When the job is done." five stated. "Okay, but just so we're clear on the finer details, I just gotta go into this place and pretend to be your dear old dad, correct?" Klaus said as the three of us left the room. "Yeah, something like that" I said as I created a lollipop in my hand and put it in my mouth.

"What's our cover story?" Klaus asked as we walked down the stairs. "What? What are you talking about?" five said as he turned around to face klaus and I just sat on the stairs.

"I mean, was I really young when I had you? Like, 16? Like, young and... terribly misguided?" klaus said dramatically as he put a hand in his forehead leaning back. "Sure." I said trying to get klaus to shut up. "Your mother, that slut. Whoever she was.

We met at... the disco. [chuckles] Okay? Remember that." He told us as he snapped his fingers. "Oh, my God, the sex was amazing." He said draging the 'g'. "What a disturbing glimpse into that thing you call a brain." five stated while he walked down the stairs. "Don't make me put you in time-out!" Klaus said following five.