020

It's been almost a year, my dad left and said to Susan that she could have me, and thankfully she did, we moved to the trailer park on Kurley, which, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best, I had been having nightmares about the night Billy died, nosebleeds, headaches, but I also shut myself off to anyone and everyone for a while, so I had to go to the school counsellor, she was nice, but I didn't want to open up to open up to her, because, I know she wouldn't believe me if I told her what really happened to Billy, so I just stay quiet, Max, also had to see the counsellor, I had broke up with Dustin numerous times because I was shutting myself off, but we got back together, Max and Lucas broke up, and haven't got back together.

I get to school on the bus, and saw Ms Kelly, I was hoping she didn't see me, because, I didn't see her yesterday, but she saw me

"Rory!" I heard muffled but I ignore it "Rory?" I turn around and saw Ms Kelly, I take my headphones off "What happened? You didn't come to see me yesterday.."

"Oh, I forgot.." I said making an excuse, I just didn't want to go

"Come and see me today, after lunch!" Ms Kelly said, I nodded and put my headphones back on and walked away, I saw Max got stopped by Ms Kelly, too, I walked to the hall and saw Dustin and Mike, and Max was already there, I stood next to Dustin

"Hi.." Dustin said

"Hi." I said looking ahead then at him, I smiled at him, he smiled back

Then the cheerleaders stoped cheering

"Let's here it for your Tigers!" The announcer said and all the basketball players ran out and everyone started cheering

"Good Morning, Hawkins High!" Jason, the captain of the basketball team said into the microphone "First off..Hey. First off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand." Everyone started cheering and clapping, I saw Lucas raise his hand to wave at Max, but slowly put it down after Max didn't wave back to him "And of course, of course, I have to give a special shout-out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad. Chrissy..Chrissy, I love you, babe. You know..I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss. And sometimes I wonder, 'How much loss can one community take?' In dark days like this, we need something to believe in. So, last night, when we were down by ten points at half to Christian Academy, I looked at my team, and I said 'Think of Jack. Think of Melissa. Think of Heather. Think of Billy.'" I felt eyes on my and Max probably felt eyes on her too, I just looked down and away from everyone "'Think about our heroic police chief, Jim Hopper. Think about each and every one of our friends who perished in that fire. What did they die for? For us to lose to some...crap school? No. For us to return home with our heads hung low in defeat? No. No. Let's win this game. Let's win this game for them.' And that's exactly what we did!" Everyone cheered "We embarrassed those candy-asses in their own house, and now tonight, tonight, we're gonna bring home the championship trophy!"

"Tonight?" I head Mike say

"How is that possible?" Dustin said

"They call it a tournament." Max started

"You win one game, you go on until there only one team left." I finished, then we all leave the hall and go to classes.

~~~~

It was lunch, I ate my lunch listening to music and then I went to Ms Kelly's office and saw Chrissy leaving it, but I walk in anyway

"Can we remove the headphones?" Ms Kelly asked, I stopped my music and took them off

"Sorry." I said

"A, D in French and a F in history? What happened? You normally get B's in French and A's in history." Ms Kelly asked