Chapter one birthday boy

"Wow, bud I can't believe you're already 14!" Exclaimed Mark.
"Yeah, it's crazy dad, if only, she were here..." Alex sadly looked at an image of his sister she had dark blue eyes the color of the deep blue sea and brown wavey hair that reached her lower back she was also wearing a pink dress that had a snow-white collar with a pair of knee-high socks and buckle shoes.
"I know you miss her I do too." sighed Mark
"She didn't deserve it and at such a young age!" Alex's eyes were starting to swell up with tears.
"Oh, buddy." Mark wrapped his arms around Alex. "shhh shhh"
The picture of Alex's little sister drifted to the floor as he choked on a sob, he could no longer hold in the pain of his little sister Amber not being able to celebrate his birthday with him.
"don't let this ruin your birthday, Al," Mark said sympathetically while whipping away the river that ran down Alex's face. Alex breathed in threw his nose and out through his mouth collecting himself. "Y-yeah ok" He whipped his face dampening his red sleeve. a gust of wind swept through the room blowing Alex's black chin-length hair and reviling his eyes that matched his little sisters.
"Now let us eat this oreo ice cream cake before it melts!" Mark said with excitement
"Yeah" Alex chuckled, already feeling somewhat better.