Chapter 7 -Imma bad brother-

It had been a couple weeks since Alex and Mark had last "talked" to Amber, and Alex wasn't doing to well. "Al, come on you've been hiding in there for two weeks." Mark said knocking on his sons bedroom door. His door was white and decorated with a drawing Amber helped Alex draw.

 His door was white and decorated with a drawing Amber helped Alex draw

(The drawing on Alex's door ^)
Alex opened the door. His face was tear stained, and his nose was bright red and agitated. Mark had a fuzzy blanket in one of his hands which he wrapped around Alex, and then scooped him up bridal style. "Daaaaddddd!" Alex said in annoyed tone, but the smile on his face didn't mach his tone. Alex still liked being picked up he just thought it was very embarrassing. Mark laughed at his sons response and asked "would you like me to put you down or are you just embarrassed?" Alex replied by burying his face into the blanket and says "please don't put me down." Mark laughed "ok, mumbles I won't put you down."
About two minutes later Alex looks at his dad and says "ok I'm feeling better now, we need to find a way to free Amber so she can go to heaven or whatever."
Mark sighs and says "hun, I agree we need to free your sister as soon as possible, but you still need time to heel. So please leave this one up to me."
Alex says "dad! Please I'm fine! Let me help you!" Mark pulls Alex in more and says "no, hun I'll save your sister, she's my daughter after all so it's my job. And right now your job is to take your time and get better again. Ok son?"
Dang it Mark used the tactic that always worked on Alex. With using son and daughter instead of Amber's and his names.  "I- ok papa" Alex eyes drifted to the floor. "Ok hun, thank you for understanding."
Alex mumbled under his breath "I'm a bad brother..." Mark heard and his eyes grew wide "ALEX MAY ROBINSON! DONT EVER TALK ABOUT YOURSELF LIKE THAT!" Alex jumped a little and covered his ears. "You were and still are an amazing brother your sister adored you!" Mark said "YEAH? WELL WHAT KIND OF BROTHER JUST LETS HIS SISTER SUFFER LIKE THIS HUH? I WOULD SAY A PRETTY BAD ONE!!!" Alex yelled and immediately covered his mouth with his hand.
Mark carried Alex into his room and sat on his bed still holding Alex. "D-dad?" Alex said seeing if his father was ok. "Son, you are an amazing person and brother... This family is blessed to have you in it son, that's the gods honest truth..." Mark said squeezing Alex. "Thank you dad I needed that, I'm also blessed to have such a caring, kindhearted father like you." Alex replied tearing up. Mark couldn't fight the smile off his face after hearing that "you're a good boy, Alex you really are." And they say their in silence a nice silence though not an awkward one.