Chapter three pillow forts

Alex lays on his bed holding the locket in his right hand, rubbing it with his thumb. It's so quiet in his room that if you listen closely enough you can hear the grasshoppers outside even through the closed window on the other side of his room. But all that Alex could hear was the memory of his sister laughing with him while they made pillow forts in the middle of his bedroom and had sleep overs in them on Alex's birthdays.

    Alex sighed and rolled from his back onto his side looking at the blueprint hanging on the wall that him, and his sister came up with just months ago of the pillow fort they were supposed to make today. One side of a large sheet would have been tacked to the wall while the other rested on two chairs. Alex would usually build the fort while Amber would decorate the inside of it with two blankets on the floor and our sleeping bags on top.

    She would also cover the inside with pillows and stuffed animals their also had to be a lot of fuzzy blankets for them to snuggle up with. Then late at night they would get all cozy in their fort and watch movies they rented from Blockbuster like "Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back", or "E.T", and eat popcorn there dad made for them.

    But now all Alex did was just stare at the blueprints, crying silently. If only they didn't get to into that car accident that day she would be there watching movies and joking with her brother Alex.

   "Gah!" Alex sobbed as he tugged at his hair. Apparently it was loud enough for Mark to hear because he came rushing into his room and said

   "Al, are you ok?" He looked over at Alex who's face was buried in his hands. Mark walked over to Alex and gently pulled his hands down from his face. Alex sat up and looked his dad in the eye.

    "*sigh*, Al, I know it's hard and I can tell you're hurt but Amber would want you to be happy!" Mark said trying to be positive. But those red puffy eyes that somehow got a deeper shade of blue that Alex had made it very difficult.

    It hurt Mark to see his son like this, it really, truly did. Mark started to tear up and say "I'm so sorry, Alex I really am!" Marks face was red and he couldn't stop tears from spilling out of his eyes.

    "Papa-" Alex jumped into Marks arms as they both sobbed.

    "Al, I love you and I'll be here for you. So whenever you need me please let me know." Mark said whipping tears off of Alex's face.

    "*sniff* thank you dad I love you" Alex said hugging his dad eventually passing out on his fathers shoulder.
In the morning Alex wakes up in his bed (huh? He must of tucked me in bed after I passed out on him.) thought Alex as he sat up and slid off his bed.

    As he worked his way down the hallway he could smell the sent of bacon, and hear Mark humming from the kitchen. Just as Alex was about to enter the kitchen he heard a creak behind him he turned to see-