Chapter 10

Marie's POV

I guess Vik forgot that the skype call is still going because the lights are off and it's almost pitch black on my screen. I chuckle and say "Sweet dreams, Vik." Then I exit the video call.

I can't believe it.

I can't believe that I met the sidemen plus Cal. They were funny and caring, a bit rude at times, but still the most amazing people I've met. I wish that I could tell someone about this experience.

That's when the idea pooped into my head.

I have my phone and my laptop, why don't I just text my best friends what just happened?

I open skype and video call Alicia.

One ring.

Two rings.

On the third ring, she picks up. The first thing I hear are squeals, filling the air, making me cover my ears.

I giggled. "Well, hello to you guys too." I grinned.

"Oh my gosh! I thought you weren't aloud electronic usage?" Lauren asked.

"I'm not supposed to be using them but the parentals on a date night. So you know, they don't come back until tomorrow." I shrugged.

"Ohh I see," Alicia commented, "hey, but why're you calling us? Not that we didn't want you to call us, but just wondering."

"I have some exciting new to tell you two!" I said in excitement.

Lauren and Alicia looked to each other and gasped. They just started to ask me what had happened and squealed again.

"Calm down guys, calm down. I just wanted to tell you guys that..." I trailed off.

"That...?" Alicia and Lauren said in unison.

"That... I..." I continued.

"That you what?" Alicia asked impatiently. "Yeah, come on. Just tell us already." Lauren added.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, fine, fine. I met the sidemen!"

The two of them screamed at each other and the screen started to become shaky from them jumping together. "Wait, how? They live all the way in Britain. Girl, we live in Hawaii, don't tell me that they had a vacation in Hawaii while Alicia and I were in Spain." Lauren questioned.

I laughed, "Nah. I just met them over Skype."

"How'd you skype them?" Alicia asked.

With that, I explained everything to them. I talked about Kristian, skyping Vik and our connection, then about my conversation with the rest of the sidemen and Cal. Lauren and Alicia were listening to every word I said, just looking at me like I'm some type of celebrity.

"Oh my gosh, Marie, you're so lucky!" Alicia admitted.

I grinned when she said that. She's right, I am lucky. I'm glad that I got to talk to one of my favorite group of YouTubers.

I heard some older lady yell in the background of the video call then both Alicia and Lauren looked behind them. The responded, "Okay." And groaned.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We have to go. I really want to tell you how our trip is going so far." Alicia said sadly.

I frowned. "Well, I hope you two enjoy the rest of your trip."

"I hope we can contact you soon!" Lauren said while waving bye.

I waved back and exited the video call. I sighed and leaned back against the couch. I looked at the time and noticed that it's almost one in the morning.