Chapter 1

Aboard the Polar Tang lived the Heart Pirates. They lived in their yellow submarine traveling the Grand Line as most pirates do. The crew was off doing their own individual duties but y/n was in her captain's office. Y/n was checking medicine dates and taking inventory while Law was reading a book.

purururu purururu purururu

The transponder sail in the room was going off and the noise was getting on y/n's nerves. She looked over to her captain who made no moves to answer the phone that was right next to him on the desk.

"Hey Law the transponder snail is ringing." Pointed out as if Law couldn't hear its annoying ring. The tattooed man couldn't bother to pick up the phone that was less than a foot away.

"Answer it would ya?" He said not taking his eyes off the pages of his book. Y/n glared daggers at the man as she stopped what she was doing and walked over to him.

"Seriously? Fine oh so great captain of mine I got the phone- Hello this is y/n speaking" She complained before answering the phone in a sweet voice. Law smirked at her as he continued to read.

"Is this the Heart Pirates? I need to speak to Captain Law. It's an emergency." A gruff voice said over the phone. Law's eyes snapped from his book to the transponder snail.

"Is that Killer I hear?" Law asked into the microphone. Y/n raised an eyebrow at Law's sudden interest with the person on the phone.

"Of the Kid Pirates, yes." The voice on the phone confirmed. Then y/n realized who was on the phone, it wasn't just a random man, it was the Kid Pirates first mate.

"What do you want, Killer-ya?" Law took the snail out of y/n's hands.

"It's Kid. I think he's dying." Y/n's eyes sharpened at Killer's confession. Law waved her off to continue her work but she slapped his hand away, eager to listen in on the conversation. She leaned on Law's desk with an invested look on her face. Law gave her a knowing look and she stuck her tongue out at him.

"What makes you say that?" Law asked, bringing his attention back to Killer.

"He's been in bed the past two days unable to move. He's been slipping in and out of consciousness since last night. He's hot all over, sweating. I'm swallowing my pride here, I need you to come out here." Y/n began calculating all of the possible diseases Kid could have contracted. Of course no doctor would know what to do in a situation like this unless they were physically able to examine them. Then there was Law who let out a laugh.

"Really? The massacre killer is begging me for help?" Law seriously thought this was a funny joke.

"I am. We aren't a crew if our captain is dying." Killer said. Y/n started to feel sympathetic for Killer, knowing he was right. What is a crew without its captain?

"I don't know Killer, to me you might be shit out of luck-" Y/n put her hand over the speaker so that Law couldn't continue his insults on Kid Pirates.

"Law we can't just leave him to die." She scolded in a hushed tone.

"Believe me y/n, Eustass Kid is someone you don't want to mess with. Frankly, I don't want to deal with him." He said giving her a stern look, she stared back at him completely unfazed. As glares were being exchanged and y/n snatched the transceiver out of his hands.

"Excuse my captain- it's y/n again. Does it matter who comes to treat him?" There was silence between Killer and y/n. Law surprisingly didn't make any moves to stop his female crew member, he knew once she set her mind to something you couldn't change it.

"Um no I guess not." Killer responded in an unsure tone.

"Give me your location, I'll see what I can do." Y/n told him.

Y/n stayed on the phone with Killer as Law watched displeased. He was leaning back in his chair watching all of this unfold. After y/n hung up with Killer she turned to face her captain. She was ready to feel his wrath.

"No." Law already knew what she was going to ask. Her heart was too big and she couldn't leave someone to die.

"Law please, it's our duty to help people. I can't sit by and do nothing. They aren't that far from us, please captain. I know I can do this, you won't even have to lift a finger." Y/n begged. Law let out a long and almost disappointed sigh, he knew it would be impossible to change her mind. Plus he couldn't say no to then have her mope around for the next few weeks.

"Fine. Tell Bepo to set off. Give him the coordinates." He sighed giving in.

"Will do, thank you captain!" She jumped up from her seat and ran out the door.

Authors note:

New project! I'm really excited to write this one and I hope you enjoyed the first chapter.