Chapter 2

After y/n informed Bepo to set sail for the Kid Pirates ship, he started to freak out. Y/n explained that they were setting course to help aid them but that didn't help. Of course her words quickly spread to the whole crew and they were all over y/n wanting more information.

"Y/n you're crazy for wanting to help them." Bepo told her and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll be fine." She waved him off.

"You've never interacted with them before." Penguin pointed out and he wasn't wrong. Y/n had only been with the crew for two years and had never had the pleasure of meeting the Kid pirates.

"I don't know that Killer guy personally, but when we spoke on the phone he didn't sound like a bad guy." Y/n shrugged trying to pack her nurses bag.

"You spoke to Killer?" The crew yelled in unison. Their faces said it all, y/n could tell this Killer guy had a bad reputation.

"Yeah? Is there something wrong with that?" She sighed. Law stood in the doorway rubbing his temples, starling everyone.

"Would you quit your yapping already, we're here." Law said walking into the control room, y/n quickly sat up in her chair. Everyone was immediately silent and returned to their business as the submarine rose to the surface.

Y/n opened the hatch to the ship and walked out on the deck. She stared at the Victoria Punk in all its glory. She scanned over the ship and all of its crew members who were watching her with guarded expressions.

'Tough crowd' Y/n thought as no one attempted to move from their positions.

Someone jumped off the Victoria Punk and landed on the Polar Tang. He was tall with long blonde hair. His face was hidden by a blue and white striped metal mask. Y/n would be lying if she wasn't a little nervous to meet the first mate of the infamous Kid Pirates. She tried not to make assumptions based on what her crew told her, but they were right about them being intimidating.

"I'm assuming you're the woman I spoke to on the transponder snail. Y/n right?" He spoke and y/n recognized that rough deep voice that was on the transponder snail.

"Yep that's me and you must be Killer." Y/n said with great confidence and a smile.

"I am." He said simply with a nod. The two stared at each other for a moment waiting for the other to make a move.

"There's no time to waste, I'll take you on board." Killer held out his hand to lead y/n on the ship. Before she could accept his offer a voice interrupted them.

"Not so fast, I'll be coming with you." Law said coming from the ship's doorway. Y/n looked at him confused, a few moments ago he told her this was to be a solo job. Why did he change his mind?

"Captain I thought-"

"You thought wrong, I'm only coming to make sure they won't pull a fast one on us." Law glared at Killer who shrugged. Law had told her previously that he wasn't going to put the crew at risk for her passion project. Now he changed his mind, which y/n figured that he was worried about her going on the Kid's ship alone. Even her captain wasn't too trusting of this crew either which was setting off red flags.

They made their way onto the Vitorica Punk's deck. The glares and stares from the Kid Pirates never stopped as Killer led y/n to the captain's quarters.

"He's in here, take your time."

"I got this, don't worry." Y/n said with confidence before Killer shut the door behind her.

She walked in and saw the very large man laying in the bed and y/n's body shook. Even though he was unconouisess y/n felt very intimidated by the man. He was the infamous kid after all. Pushing her fears aside, he was her patient and she had to figure out what was wrong with him. She opened her bag and got to work.

Outside Law stood in front of the door watching Killer, they were just in a silent staring match unsure of what to say one another.

"Killer what happened to your last ship's doctor?" Law asked.

"Well you see... Kid threw him off the boat." Killer answered him, scratching his head.

"And yet y/n still wants to help you." Law rolled his eyes with a scoff.

"I can hear you both, you know?" A voice yelled muffled from inside the room. Quickly Law and Killer went back to being quiet. After 20 minutes y/n came out of the room.

"How is he?" Killer asked.

"What did you find?" Law asked his student. Judging by her face, Law knew it wasn't going to be good.

"He's not on the verge of death but if he goes untreated in this current stage, it could worsen rapidly. To recover he'll need weeks, possibly months of intense medical care. I don't think anyone on the ship has the level of experience or knowledge needed to do it."

She turned to her captain wearing an expression she was familiar with.

"Don't even think about it y/n-ya." Law told her.

"Captain please, he will die without someone's help."

"Killer, where can the two of us speak in private? Y/n go back to the ship and get whatever supplies you need to stay here for a while." Law said. Killer's eyes widened under his mask, surprised that Law was actually about to offer some type of help.

"Are you serious, captain?" She gasped with excitement.

"Yes, now go."

"Follow me." Killer walked Law to the navigation room.

"I have agreed to help you and your captain."

"We'll pay you greatly."

"Oh I know you will, our services aren't cheap." Law smirked sitting down in one of the chairs.

"Nothing is free in this world." Killer said with a sigh.

"Listen here Killer-ya. Y/n wishes to stay here to help you, I can't imagine why. If this care is as intense as she says it is, then she gets three months. With Kid out of commission, you are acting as captain of this ship right? Now I propose an alliance for the time being and you protect y/n with your life while she's on board."

"I understand I will, thank you." Killer said.

"If your idiot captain does wake up before the time is up, he better keep his hands off of her. That goes for everyone on this ship." Killer nodded his head. He was willing to comply for his friend and to not face the wrath of Trafalgar Law.