Chapter 3

After Law and Killer came to an understanding, y/n returned to the ship with a duffle bag of her stuff and medical supplies. Law hoped he was doing the right thing, but it was time to say goodbye.

"If anything goes wrong, do not hesitate to call me." Law sternly told y/n, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Of course captain." She said, giving him an encouraging smile before he let out a sigh. He pulled away from his apprentice.

"I'm serious, if anything happens tell me. I'll call you soon." He said, giving y/n one of his knowing glares. His gaze quickly moved to Killer before he jumped back to his ship.

Soon the Polar Tang sunk back into the water and y/n stopped looking at the water. She took a deep breath and turned around, looking at the crew in front of her. Clearly they didn't know what to make of her. Sure y/n didn't look strong but she was a part of Trafalgar Law's crew, and they knew not to underestimate a heart pirate.

"Where will I be staying?" Y/n asked Killer, who jerked his head towards the cabin and y/n followed after him.

"You won't be staying with the rest of the crew but I'm not sure if rooming with Kid would be safe either. So you'll be staying with me in my cabin if that's alright with you."

"In your cabin?" Y/n asked, making sure she heard him right.

"Yes it's the only available space that is safe for you to stay in." Y/n didn't like how Killer kept emphasizing on the word 'safe', his tone sounded off. Y/n deduced that Killer couldn't trust his crew around a female like herself. It was a terrifying thought but it wasn't going to shake her.

"This is my room. Go ahead and make yourself comfortable. I need to talk to the crew about your stay, I'll come get you in a minute." Killer said letting y/n in the room before closing the door.

"Okay." Y/n looked around the large cabin. This was definitely the living quarters of a first mate because of how spacious it was. Living with Killer didn't seem so bad, there was a couch for her to sleep on, a private bathroom, and she was staying with the second strongest member of the crew. Y/n felt she was safe staying here.

When Killer left his room and closed the door behind him, quickly the attention of the crew turned to him. They all had been silently watching Law and y/n on their ship with questions. Finally they would be getting the answers they seeked.

"As you all know Kid is in a bit of rough shape at the moment. I called Trafalgar Law to see if he could help, and that's what we got. The girl's name is y/n, she's a Heart Pirate and a direct apprentice of Trafalgar. She has agreed to help us. Now this means you leave her alone, and do not touch her. She's here for Kid's health not your entertainment. Understand?"

"Yes sir." The crew said.

"Good." Killer replied back, satisfied with their answers.

Once Killer came back, y/n went back to the captain's quarters where she spent the afternoon keeping an eye on Kid. She started an IV on the red head and started a log on his progress. Y/n was so focused on her work that she didn't even realize the time.

"Hey, it's dinner time. Are you hungry?" Killer came into the room. Seeing Kid hooked up to a bunch of wires was very off putting to him but he decided to ignore it.

"Yes I am."

"You can eat with me and the crew or alone. It's your choice" Killer said

"I'll eat with the crew." She said with a smile. Kid's crew didn't scare y/n, she had met worse people in her life and a murderous pirate crew was child's play in comparison.

Some stared, others didn't care as y/n came out to dinner and sat down next to Killer. In front of her was a plate of noodles with a red meat sauce on top. Y/n took her fork and put it in her mouth while Kid's crew watched with agape mouths. Y/n clearly had no fear of being poisoned by them.

"This is great." Y/n whispered as she took another bite of the food.

"I'm glad you like it." Killer said with a soft smile which no one could see. He had always been proud of his cooking and another person getting to enjoy it made him happy.

"You made this?" Y/n asked surprised.

"I did, I cook for the entire ship." Killer explained.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Y/n asked.

"It's kind of hard with the... you know." He pointed to his mask. "I usually eat while I'm cooking or after."

A man with blue dreads leaned over to y/n.

"He never takes that thing off, I'm sure it smells terrible in there." He said in a raspy voice and y/n laughed at his joke.

"I'm Heat by the way and that man over there is Wire. It's nice to meet you, y/n. " Y/n looked over to the man sitting next to Killer. He gave y/n a slow nod and a sharp hand wave.

"Wire is a taciturn, you'll be lucky if he utters a word to you." Heat said and Wire nodded.

"It's nice to meet you both as well." Her smile irked Heat a little bit.

"You really aren't scared of us are you?" He asked.

"Not really I've experienced much worse in my life than a crew of blood hungry pirates."

"How so?" Heat asked, suddenly intrigued by y/n's words.

"Heat! Quit interrogating her and eat your food." Killer snapped as he started picking up the empty plates of his crew. Heat rolled his eyes before shoving a bite in his mouth. Y/n watched Killer walk back into the kitchen, she grabbed her now empty plate and followed him.

"Killer, I'll help you clean up dinner." She offered.

"You don't have to." Killer protested but y/n wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"I want to. Think of it as me paying you back."

"Y/n I owe you so much more than a singular dinner." Killer was speaking in truth, what she was doing for this crew was priceless.

"Just take my help." She commanded.

"Alright." Killer said giving into the new honorary Kid pirate demands. He was happy she was adjusting to the crew but he still couldn't read what the crew thought of her. He knew it would take some time but he hoped with the help of y/n, Kid would wake up and then everything would go back to normal.