Chapter 5

The next morning there was an unsettling one, tension plagued the ship.

Y/n had not come out of Killer's room, the crew had cleaned up the mess from the night before. Most of the crew was worried about the Heart Pirate because they knew the poor girl was traumatized.

The other problem was Killer hadn't left his room either which was alarming. Mostly because none of them knew how to cook like Killer and they were hungry.

Inside the cabin y/n and Killer were in a staring match. Neither said a word as y/n sat on the bed and Killer was on the couch. Y/n was processing the events of last night with one of the crew trying to rape her and Killer coming to her defense. Killer was observing y/n for any ounce of another breakdown but she was showing no emotion, just a hard stare. Sure she had been calm since the initial shock was over but he knew that didn't mean she wasn't still affected by trauma.

"You have to say something." Killer tried to spark her to talk however she wasn't budging.

"No I don't have to." She responded back sharply. Killer sighed in frustration at her attitude. She was being guarded, not wanting her emotions to slip around him.

"Not talking about it is-"

"I don't want to hear it. I don't need your pity." She snapped at him.

"Listen, I'm just trying to help you." Killer responded back.

Silent settled back in between them and the staring match continued.

"Killer. Does stuff like this happen often on this ship?" Y/n sighed trying to grasp the gravity of her situation. Was more of the crew going to assault her if she kept her guard down? Never once did she have to worry about this on The Polar Tang, but now she was on an unfamiliar ship with a crew who could turn on her. She started to wonder if Law was right about helping the Kid Pirates.

"No, I can assure you it does not." He knew his crew were a bunch of ruthless killers but they weren't complete monsters. Even their bloodthirsty captain had some type of morals when it came to rape. If he were conscious, Killer was sure Kid wouldn't have approved of that behavior.

"Hmmm."

"Murder is one thing but what happened last night was not okay." The irony of that statement was almost comical. Y/n didn't say anything after that, her eyes averted to the floor. Killer could see she was still in deep thought which made him nervous. He knew he wasn't equipped to help her manage this trauma, no one on this ship could. He needed to call a medical professional, he needed to call Law.

"I'm going to call Trafalgar to pick you up, this wasn't a good idea. You shouldn't be forced to work like this." The mention of Law's name made y/n's eyes widen. She couldn't go back to the Polar Tang, that would mean Law was right. She hated it, his smug look he had during his 'I told you so' moments.

"No no Killer, please don't call my captain." The girl suddenly jumped up and grabbed Killer's arm. He jerked his arm up and she was still holding on to him, trying to pull him away from the transponder snail.

"I'm not a therapist, I can't help you mentally work through this." Killer tried slightly shaking the girl off his arm some more but she wasn't moving. He was perplexed how she could snap out of her trance so quickly at the mention of her captain. He questioned why she would object to this. What's more important is her safety.

"I'm alright can't you see? You saved me before he could do anything." Her pleads almost seemed like rambling which made Killer more skeptical. Killer pulled y/n off his arm and placed his hand on both of her shoulders.

"Y/n, he attacked you, had you pinned down, and told you disgusting things. That is something that no normal person can bounce back from in one night." Killer shuttered at his own words. Thinking about it made him angry, it rubbed him the wrong way.

"Killer, you have to take my word for this. I'm alright, sure I'm a little shaken up with what happened but now I know better. If you know better than you will let this go."

"Why are you so hell bent on staying here, woman?" Killer asked with a bit of anger in his voice. Y/n was infuriating him with her stubbornness.

"Law will never let me live this down if he has to pick me up. I came here to help your captain and I'm not leaving till I've done that." That didn't really answer Killer's question so he kept pushing.

"There's something you're not telling me about this."

"I'll tell you in due time but I can't right now. Listen you know Law is protective of me if you call him, he'll take me off of this ship. Who's going to save Kid?" She was adamant on staying on this ship and Killer was torn. Help her or save his best friend and captain? Killer let out a sigh, he knew she was stubborn and clearly there was no changing her mind.

"What can I do to help you move past this?" Killer asked with a sigh, he couldn't believe he was actually going along with this. He knew it was wrong but he knew Kid help was at risk.

"Pretend it never happened. Let it go." She said with a dead serious tone. She stared at the holes of his mask hoping she was making eye contact to prove her point.

"That's not how going through something traumatic works." Killer said.

"I'm serious. Don't treat me any differently or be sympathetic about it." Y/n was getting frustrated with Killer at this point. She didn't want his pity, she didn't need it. She was stronger than that.

"I don't know if I can do that." Killer said honestly.

"Fine." She said before standing up and storming out of the cabin. The force from the door slamming against the wall shook the ship and the crew's attention went to the door. When they saw y/n they stopped what they were doing and stood there wide eyed.

"Y/n get back here!" He yelled after her but she continued walking. The crew moved out of her way as she walked on the deck.

"Killer in the politest way to say this, kiss my ass. I'm going to check up on Kid." Killer froze in place at her outburst and the crew looked to him at his next move. The door to Kid's room slammed shut as she disappeared inside. The crew stared at the scene in front of them, no one saying a word.

"Get back to work!" Killer yelled at the nosy crew and they immediately averted their eyes. They scrambled to act busy in order to avoid Killer's wrath. Killer let out a sigh, he couldn't believe what was happening on the ship.

"She's a feisty one, is she okay captain?" Heat walked over to Killer side. Killer shivered at the captain title. He didn't like hearing it from his crew. Kid was their captain, not him. He couldn't let y/n go, knowing if she did Kid would die.

"There's definitely something wrong with her if she's able to brush off last night's events like it was nothing." Heat nodded his head in agreement.