Help From Miss Friend Zone

Today was finally the day. You'd been waiting for this concert for months, thinking about it almost every waking moment. Sometimes you would even dream about it... Meeting the members of Your Favorite Martian on their first tour. You had played it over in your head so many times, the scene and interactions always being different. After all, you knew the concert venue but not the decor; you knew the band members, but not personally. You had gotten a V.I.P. ticket just to get close to the band, knowing you had your eye on a certain one of the bunch. Your best friend is friends with one of the band members and wants to help you get close to them. "Oh, it's no problem! They all know me pretty well, so getting them to know you won't be an issue!" she had said, tossing her long pink hair over her shoulder.

You think back to that moment as you get ready. Back then, she had given you tips about what he liked in someone, fortunately you lined up perfectly with his type. While putting on your light makeup, you realize that this is the most exciting thing to happen to you after meeting your now best friend. It's been a while since you met, which made you a little sad thinking about your life.

You smiled at yourself in the mirror, mumbling, "Lighten up, Y/N." You chuckle, before you get a notification. Your best friend sent you a text, saying she was on her way. You slip your shoes on, grab your bag, put on your coat, and look in the mirror one last time before turning your lights off and walking out the door.

After a while, she finally drives up to the curb in her topless pink car, waving you over. You smile at her as she starts playing YFM on the radio. After a minute, she smirks and speaks up. "Soo, you gonna go for Benny tonight? You never stop talking about him!" As she speaks, you look out the window. Of course, you're thinking of him.

"Maybe I will... You're gonna have to hype me a up a little though, just saying!" You chuckle a bit. She laughs along with you, and the rest of the car ride is full of singing, laughing, and stories about "Benny."