Front Row Seats

When you pulled up to the venue, there were already a pretty good amount of people there. You and your best friend, Sophie, went through the V.I.P. line, your excitement growing by the second. As you walked into the area where you were meant to wait for the show, you suddenly felt anxious. You put a hand over your chest and Sophie made a concerned face, putting her arm around your shoulders. "Woah there, settle down! Let's get you sitting down." She walked you to a table in the corner, rubbing your back.

You take a few deep breaths, steadying yourself. You had never done well with cramped crowds. They freaked you out. After a moment of calming down, you and Sophie went to get drinks. You didn't drink much, and though she did, she didn't want to get plastered before the show.

You were still nursing your drink when you realized the concert was about to start. You tapped Sophie's shoulder, informing her of this. You make your way to the concert hall, sitting in the front row. You're tapping your leg nervously through the entire opening band's performance. They finally dimmed the lights, letting the openers get offstage.

Then... After all that time... The stage lit up. Your Favorite Martian was finally on, playing Boom Headshot. Everyone was screaming and jumping out of their seats, including you and Sophie.
As the concert went on, you were certain Benatar kept stealing glances at you. You could barely see his eyes through his hair, but they were there, and looking into yours.
And it made your heart flutter like it never had.