CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

"Introduction"

            "You shouldn't take anything lightly, Hawks

            "You shouldn't take anything lightly, Hawks. You don't know the world you live in", she said in the cold dead of night, when Hawks, the Winged Hero, was about to leave the warehouse that was used by the League of Villains when meeting Hawks. "Speak of the woman who doesn't have a side", he said in a spiteful tone, turning around to face the woman who was speaking to him. She was seated on those metal crates that was placed outside of the warehouse. "Sides? There's no point in picking sides. Violence breeds violence. And besides, I have the center stage to look down upon", she hopped off those same metal crates she was sitting and stared at the hero. Hawks gave her a shrug and went on his way. She chuckled like a deadly snake ready for its prey. "Kira, let's go", Dabi called out to her. "What were you two talking about? You weren't playing with him again, were you?", Dabi asked the girl as they walked together. "Don't worry. I was being gentle", she smiled at him.

...

            Yamasaki Kira, a 20-year-old villain or should they say a hero – sometimes. She joined the League of Villains for one reason only. And that is, to be there for her friend, her only friend, Toga Himiko. She wasn't necessarily, what you would call a villain, although, she became a killer to avenge the death of her parents, her family, especially her brother, who was brutally killed in their home. She ran to her home, in happiness, ready to celebrate her birthday. She was only 15 and she was excited, only to see them, on the floor, blood everywhere in the kitchen. There seemed to be a struggle. She froze on her spot. Her breath became heavy and she couldn't properly breathe. The cake that she was suppose to blow her candles to, were on the ground, smudged and bloodied. The balloons, popped. Her brother, holding his favorite stuffed-toy on his hand, the other, reaching for her mother. What's going on? Mom? Dad? Niko? She couldn't seem to cry. When she snapped back to reality, she immediately called the police and an ambulance, but it was too late. Too late to save them.

            Some said it was a villain. No neighbors were present or even heard anything. "The father was a Police, no wonder villains would go after them", a woman said on the background. She sat in the back of the ambulance, a towel around her shoulder, covering her. "What a horrible thing to happen", another said. She covered her ears. She didn't want to be reminded of the reality that her parents and brother were dead. "What will happen to the daughter?", a person spoke. "I heard she'll be taken good care by the chief of the police department. Apparently, it's her grandfather", another gossiped. They were right. She was to stay with her grandfather. The chief of the police department of the city. She was quirkless, just like her mother and so, her grandfather taught her how to fire a gun, protect herself from danger and from strangers and how to also protect herself from quirked people – if the time comes that she'll encounter one. He also sent her to school, where she met Toga Himiko, who would later become her friend.