Alternate Universe - Part 4

NOT PART OF THE STORY

"Alternate Universe: Part 4"

            "You must have been disappointed meeting him for the first time", Kuro suddenly spoke after the long minute of silence in the car

"You must have been disappointed meeting him for the first time", Kuro suddenly spoke after the long minute of silence in the car. "Oh, he was so full of himself. I don't even know why I said he was my favorite", Kira said to her brother as she chuckled. "You like him, you know", he said to her and she suddenly stopped the car without warning. "Onee-chan, careful", he demanded. "The light was red", she pointed at the light and the crossing people. "Plus, what are you even talking about", she asked. "Onee-chan, you can never lie to me, even if you wanted to. But what I want to know is, what exactly did he do for you to like him?", he gazes upon her sister, who had her eyes on the road, thinking deep.

He was full of himself from the very first day I met him, that's true. My curiosity got the best of me and therefore I investigated him as soon as I felt suspicious of him. I know his whole story, his past and therefore I understood him a little better. Yes, he's a big-headed prick, but the way he handles every trouble seriously and the way he saved those people when that Nomu attacked, even if it was totally his fault, was remarkable. I normally and technically fell in love with his wings, and if it were a person, maybe I'd marry it. But... he was funny, annoying and kind. He makes me laugh, even if I don't want to. And those days spending with him, I'd want to punch his face for staring at me like I was a beautiful paradise. He had the softest gazes and maybe I fell for his charms, but I highly doubt that. I fell for his darn character, for that smug face of his. Even if I don't want to admit it, I find myself thinking if there was someone better than him, someone I can compare him to – I might have a few people in mind – but, one thing's for sure, he's definitely got me.

"Onee-chan, are you gonna come out or not?", her brother called out to her as soon as she parked her car at the parking lot of her apartment. "Yeah, I'm coming", she said, clicking the seat belt and getting out of the car, closing the car door and walking to her apartment with her brother's bag. "Why a big bag? You're only staying for the weekend, right?", she questioned, seeing as her brother brought a lot of things than intended. "Nope, I'll be staying til Monday, we don't have a class by then and Mom said I could stay here. Didn't she tell you?", he said to her and she had forgotten her phone at Hawks' apartment. Damn it, we were just there. "I forgot my phone", she said to him and sat on the couch, handing her brother some snacks as she turned on the TV and watched some shows. "Do you want a homecooked dinner, or we could just go to a restaurant?", she asked her brother in the middle of watching a show. "Homecooked sounds nice, if you invited Hawks", he said, teasing her. "Take-out, then. I'll call later", she said and scootched over. "Onee-chan, I was joking. Move! I can't breathe", he said, pushing her away and they both ended up laughing.

...

Morning came and Kira woke up, smelling something that's about to get burned. She immediately runs to the kitchen to see Kuro cooking. "Hey! Pay attention to your cooking, Kuro", she said as she turns the stove off and puts the pan down to cool. "I'm sorry, I don't know how to make coffee", he said as he was reading something on the internet. "You don't have to prepare food", she ruffles his hair, taking the coffee maker and making her own coffee, just how she likes it. "I wanted to make you breakfast in bed, just like how I used to, only mom was the one doing the cooking", he looked down in sadness. She softly smiles and giggles. "It's better when we're doing the cooking together and besides don't talk like mom's dead", she said and kisses her brother's forehead. "Onee-chan, stop that. I'm already 14 and nearing 15 and I wasn't talking like mom's dead", he said pushing her away. "You made it sound like she was. And oh, getting embarrassed now. You have a girlfriend, don't you", she teased him and he looked away, denying it. She laughed and they ate the food he nearly burned. Surprisingly, it was delicious.