CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

"Jealousy?"

            "I'm sorry

            "I'm sorry. I'm a little nosy", she whispered as his tensing body, calms down. He grabbed her arm and took it off of him. "Let's go. I still have something to do", he said, finishing up by covering her wound with bandages and went their way. Little did they know, someone was following them.

            Hawks was on the top of the building on the right. He looked down, seeing Dabi cleaning Kira's wound, up to them hugging. He felt guilty for not helping her. His stomach twisted and his heart pounding. He tsked at himself. "I'll go back to my mission. You go back to yours", Dabi said to Kira, just before leaving the alleyway. "About that. I- um. I don't want to", she said pouting, looking away. "What do you mean, you don't want to?", he asked, angrily. "Well, he's a... He's an asshole and I don't know why I should associate myself with people like him", she said, complaining about Hawks. "I thought you've gotten him to trust you", he asked her. "Yes, I have his trust. But I, ugh. Kind of don't like him", she says, pouting again. "Can't I just come with you?", she said, pulling Dabi's trench coat. "No! Now, go back to your mission!", he said, slightly shouting. He groaned, casually walking away, hands on his pocket.

            "Spying on me now?", she said to the guy who was on top of the building. After Dabi left, she heard the sound of wings flapping. She immediately draws out her gun, shooting at his direction to get his attention. "You sure have keen eyes", Hawks said, flying down and facing her. "And what do I owe the pleasure?", she asked the winged hero. "I might have overheard you saying, you don't like me. You sure about that?", he said, walking towards her. "I'm a hundred percent sure, so why don't you come back to your nest?", she said shrugging him off and walking away. Hawks wanted to stop her, but instead, stopped himself from going after her. What am I doing? He thought to himself as he flew away. Kira turns around, looking at Hawks flying. The days continued on and Kira couldn't help but go back to Hawks' apartment to uphold her end of the bargain.

            "You're back here. That's weird", Hawks said as he flew by the window of his apartment. "You don't use the door, don't you?", she asked as she stuffed herself with fresh grapes that was on the kitchen counter. "I see you've bought some new grapes. You knew, I'd come back, did you?", she said and he smirked at himself. "You have a mission, remember?", he reminded her of her promise to Shigaraki and she pouted at him. "Look, I can't give you any information that will not endanger my family, so I'm sorry", she said and stood up from her seat. "I can give you bits and bits of information, on one condition and one condition only", he said. Kira was confused and also nervous of what this condition is.

            Those past meetings, the first time they met and the truths she let out to him, kept bugging Hawks for months. He couldn't possibly have fallen for the girl, could he? But what if he did. The world would definitely mind, but he wouldn't. He never cared about his reputation, fame and money. He only did what was wanted of him and he is a good man, indeed. But he was also human, with human feelings. Was this part of his feelings?