Chapter 1

Y'know I should probably mention this. Some of these characters are from the Percy Jackson series. Some of them are not though.

Edited: October 17, 2022

"Get down here!" Gabe yelled from the living room downstairs. I hurried down and expected the worst. He beat me, kicking and punching my ribs, chest, and back. A while later, when he was satisfied, he told me to get out of the house, and to not come back until he texted so.

I left right away. He never does anything to my face, so nobody can see the marks that he makes. I went down to the orphanage that's by the school I go to.
"Percy!" Most of the kids yelled when I made it through the doors.
I waved at them, then went to the living room and started with their requests. Some asking for me to style or cut their hair, some painting their nails, some just wanting to cuddle.
"Thank you Percy!" Sam(Samantha) said, looking up at me.
I nodded, and she sat next to me and leaned on me. All of the other kids went to the kitchen, and when I heard the noise that was coming from the area, I picked Samantha up and carried her to the kitchen.
After taking a group decision to figure out what to make to eat, the kids decided on chicken nuggets.
I made the chicken nuggets, then I waved to everyone, hugged Jasmine, the orphanage director, goodbye, as we are close friends.
I quickly jogged to the park, as there was a tree that I sat under to read. But lucky me, someone came up to me and asked what I was reading.
  I showed her the front cover of the book, and watched her.
"I like that one. It's good." She said.
"Oh! I'm Annabeth, by the way. Annabeth Chase."
"Percy." I mumbled.
"Why are you so quiet? Oh my gosh I'm sorry that was probably really invading." Annabeth rambled on.
I nodded and shrugged, not wanting to tell her the truth yet.
Should I continue this series? I think I will but I'm not too sure. I don't have many ideas for it yet. Like when you have the big picture but not the small details? That's kind of how it is for me right now.