Chapter 19

I woke up, with a puddle of blood underneath me. I knew I could get him fired, and I was planning on it, but I needed to talk to Ms. Jasmine first.

"Ms. Jasmine?" I said sleepily. A lot of the kids at the Orphanage and my group of friends have been helping me learn to speak better, so it's been getting much easier for me, though sometimes when I want a private conversation with Piper or Michelle I use sign language, because most of the others haven't learned big stuff, only the normal hello, bye, thank you. You know what I mean.

"What's up Percy?" Ms.Jasmine asked as I came in the room.
"How easy would it be to fire the other man that is working here?" I asked.
"Why?" She then responded.
So I did what I knew I could do to get him fired. I lifted up my shirt, revealing everything from the night prior.
"I'll fire him right away. But you will have to help more around the place." She said, and I nodded, then went to my room and put on a blue shirt and black jeans.
"Can I go out today though? And stay over at a friend's place?" I asked, and ran out right as Ms.Jasmine nodded.

I ran to the park first, because I noticed Thalia and Jason were there, and then I saw the ice cream truck, so I spent like five minutes begging for them to get me ice cream. Finally they caved, and bought it for me, and I asked if they were going to the hangout too, and they nodded, so we walked to it together, and they were both taller than me. I assume it was because of how malnourished I was, but I could be wrong.
But we were walking, me in the middle, Jason and Thalia on either side of me, and me eating my ice cream.😁

Who is Percy so excited to see? You'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out, because I don't even know myself.🥲