Beam

I had gone to visit my mother for a bit. I always went off to see her whenever I had any relationship issues plaguing me.

And ironically I wasn't in one. Yet. I haven't confessed to him even after 3 years of knowing him. I realised my feelings for him was different when the other person came into the picture. I realized I treated them differently subconsciously. Weirdly enough, he never caught on nor realized it. I stopped fooling around as I realized I was falling head first for him but never knew on how to gather my courage. I know he always thought of me as an extrovert, open and very casual but the truth was, I was afraid to love hard as I didn't want to get hurt.

But over time, I realized, if its him, I didn't mind loving him hard or getting hurt. He made it all worth it. Now only if I can ever gather my courage. So as usual, I had gone off to see my mother without telling anyone, having switched off my phone and just spending the day in her arms, watching sappy movies, eating junk and feeling a wee happier despite my troubled mind. I came home to seeing Kit sit in front of my door. It was close to 11pm.

What the heck was he doing here?!!

"Kit, why are you sitting here? Did you forget your key?"

Kit stood up, looked at me long and hard and then smacked me gently against my face. I was caught off guard and held my cheek. Granted he didn't hit me hard but still?!

"Where did you go?!? Don't you know how to switch on your phone, reply messages or calls? Or at least tell me before going. You jsut take off?!"

Kit yelled at me. I stepped back abit in shock.

"Yes so he is dating Yo. It's not the end of the world. We are still friends first right? Look if he means so much to you, tell me, I will tell him how you feel."

Huh?!

"Kit, who are you talking about? Pha? Tell him what I feel? What do I even feel about him? He's a friend. What more is there?"

"Huh? Don't you like him? I know you do. Look at how much you have changed since he came into our lives. Its so obvious. I'm sorry I just didn't address it earlier with you. I wanted to let you come to terms and talk about it yourself. But this whole disappearing act gotta stop, ya know?!"

I placed my hand over my heart, chanting "Stay still, stay still". I just smiled at Kit and reassured him that I definitely do not like Pha that way as much as he is wonderful in his own way. I looked at my watch. It was nearing 12. I invited Kit to spend the night over as it was so late. He agreed quickly and came in. It was like as if he didn't believe me and didn't want me to be alone.

I chuckled to myself as I watched him go off to shower. Now you know, why I stopped playing and fell in love instead. Kit just makes it so easy just by being him.

If only I could tell him.