Kit

I watched Beam as he went off to take a shower. He did look ok to be honest but since he offered for me to stay over, I figured why not. It has been ages since I slept over anyways and Beam's dorm to be honest is like practically mine.

I made my way to his snack pantry and opened it up. I know he had always stocked snacks there for I would occasionally come over. I glanced through the snacks and was spoilt for choice. It was also then I realised that every snack over there was one of my favorite. Like literally every single type. Hmm, the coincidence was uncanny. I picked one and went to get myself a drink. I only expected water or beer in his fridge but I opened it up and I only see water and other types of sweet drinks, stuff that I enjoyed drinking and got endlessly nagged at for by Beam and Pha.

I cocked my head in confusion. When did Beam develop a sweet tooth? Was it really another coincidence? I shook my head, helped myself to a drink and switched on the TV to watch. As expected, the last program on Netflix was the one we had caught together. Beam wasn't much of a TV person and only kept it for his guests primarily me. I settled down to watch. I was very comfortable, favorite snack and drinks, preferred choice of show, the diffuser in the room of my favorite scent. Wait, yea, when did that change?!?

Just as Beam came out, wet hair, towel around his waist and making his way toward his clothes, that's when it hit me. Beam didn't like Pha, he likes me.

Beam is definitely the last person who will make changes in his own life for another unless he really adored or loved them. For him to practically convert his room into one of my choice, when did this happen? I started thinking back and then I gasped!

Beam looked up at me, "are you ok Kit? What happened?"

I shook my head firmly, reassuring that everything was ok. But it had hit me like a ton of bricks.

The 2nd year of high school, Pha and us became firmer friends.
That same year, Beam stopped flirting endlessly and toned down; focusing on his studies and with us.
It was also the year I saw the most amount of renewed maturity in him too.
It was also the year I had dated for the first time. Granted we broke up a year later, but I would never forgot on how Beam was there for me throughout, cheering on the relationship and also being there when it ended.
But I also realized no matter what changes Pha and I went through, Beam never reverted back to his old behavior.
It was also from then on, we became much closer friends as only Beam would go all out to ensure I was happy all the time. Even Pha didn't have the patience for me.

I could be wrong but my heart told me firmly; it wasn't Pha that Beam loves. Its me.